Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installing a reducing tee

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mjmpe
944 Views, 4 Replies

installing a reducing tee

I am trying to put a Tee in my drwg. I want it to be a 3"x2-1/2"x1-1/2". How do I go about changing the sizes that are offered to me.

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Keith.Brown
in reply to: mjmpe

You do not mention which tee you are wanting to use.  So lets assume that it is a Brazed - Cast Copper Tee.  On the Manage Tab of the ribbon select the content builder icon and select pipe as the domain.  Scroll down and expand Copper Pipe and then Brazed and then double click on Brazed - Cast Copper Tee.  This will bring the part up inside the parametric content builder interface.  On the content builder palette right click on size parameters and select Edit Values.  This will bring up the interface to edit the values of the parametric fitting.  There is a 3 x 2.5 x 2 fitting already in the list.  You should select this one and this press the green plus button on the upper left hand of the dialog.  This will create a duplicate of the fitting you have selected.  Go to the end of the list and there you will find your new fitting.  Now you have to modify a few values.  Since you only need to modify connector 3 you should only be concerned with the parameters labeled D3, ND3, CEL3, and AOD3 for now..  The first thing you should do is look for a fitting that has a 1.5 connection and change the values on the new fitting size to match those sizes.

Now you need to to define some of the lengths of the fitting parts.  You should be concerned with LenA7, LenA8 and LenA9.  LenA9 is the length of the cup.  LenA7 is the length from the center of the fitting to a point along connector 3. and LenA8 is the length from that point to the start of the cup.  You will need to figure out these three distances.  The length of the cup you should be able to figure out from previous entries in the list.  Below is a screen grab of the fitting with the three dimensions listed.  I would also check out Joshua Benoist's class at Autodesk University. AutoCAD® MEP Content Builder: A Better Workflow for Engineers  http://au.autodesk.com/?nd=class&session_id=9566http:// . This class has a very nice download on how to create parts using the Content Builder.

2-21-2013 9-01-32 AM.jpg

Message 3 of 5
Keith.Brown
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Were you able to get the size built that you wanted for a reducing tee?

Message 4 of 5
mjmpe

no I was not able to make fitting. I got all the way to the part where you said press the green plus button. There is no green plus button to push. why is that?

Message 5 of 5
Keith.Brown

You must have a row selected in order for the button to turn green.  Otherwise it will just be a dull color.  See the attached picture.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost