Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDDT 2007 - Surface Lock File

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rkmin
1442 Views, 4 Replies

LDDT 2007 - Surface Lock File

In the DTM folder, in the folder containing my surface, there is a [surface name].lk# file that gets created whenever I'm in the project. When I close a drawing associated with that project, normally, the .lk# file disappears.

Sometimes, the .lk# remains and when I open the drawing again, it doesn't give me a message telling me that the surface is in use by some other user. So, I keep editing my surface without realizing that the lk# file was never deleted previously and so all my new edits to my surface does not take effect.

My autocad use to automatically delete the .lk# whenever I closed out of a drawing but now it doesn't. Is there some setting that I might have unknowingly changed?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
daryl_santos_201
in reply to: rkmin

try removing the file lock manually from the project manager
Message 3 of 5
rkmin

Hi daryl,

That's what I have been doing now but it just strikes me as odd that I never had to do this all of these years of using LDDT 2007 and now all of a sudden, this problem is happening. I don't understand what would be causing this.

Perhaps a permissions issue?
Message 4 of 5
daryl_santos_201

Possibly, but you shouldnt be having that problem especially with pre existing drawings...are you up to date on all your service packs?
Message 5 of 5
lstarbird

rkmin...sorry...I know this is an old post, but we're currently experiencing the same issue with just one user & it seems to be occuring each & every time they even select a surface or an alignment.  It sounded like you were experiencing it more frequently as well...do you recall what the resolution and/or cause was?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report