Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dimensions moving

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
joshbowman5023
19792 Views, 11 Replies

dimensions moving

How come in my drawings the dimensions often move around for now reason. which setting would affect this? It used to only do this when I moved an object that is linked to a dimension node, but now I will go back to a drawing that I have not worked on and a few of my dimensions will be realigned. it is really quite frustrating as I have to check over every drawing before printing every time.
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: joshbowman5023

If you don't snap to object points, that can happen if you nudge your
viewport or objects. There is no "setting", turn on Osnaps and make sure you
"stick it" to the object.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous

I have the same question, and I do use Object Snaps for all my dimensions.

The problem actually occurs when I move something that I have drawn, and dimensioned. All the dimensions that I am referring to are drawn in Paper Space. It doesnt happen 100% of the time, which makes it all that much more irritating!

Sometimes one of the extension lines moves, sometimes, both.

Please help!
Message 4 of 12

I have had that same problem for years..... I have found "dimassoc" works for this. read up on it I can't remember which one you want.

My problem is when dimensions just move when I reopen a drawing or just when I am working in a nother area. I do use object snaps!! Edited by: joshbowman5023 on Apr 21, 2010 11:07 AM
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

I wish it were the DIMASSOC value, but its set to where it needs to be (2).

It seems like when I move the object, and associated Dimensions, it partially breaks the associative properties of the various Dimensions. Some will be messed up, while others stay just fine...
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

When they just won't behave I use DIMDISASSOCIATE (DDA on the keyboard)

This takes the association away and they stay put after that.
Message 7 of 12

I have mine alos set to (2), but only becuase I do not want to change it and have all of the other dimensions which were not made under (2) to be screwy. I keep wanting to set it to (1) at the start of a project but never think of it. it almost seems like (1) would solve the problem?? but may also introduce others....
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

Don't fight 'em, you won't win 😉
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

DIMREASSOCIATE command perhaps.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

DIMDISASSOCIATE   filters the selection set to include only associative dimensions that are not on locked layers, and that are not in a different space than the current space (for example, if model space is active, associative dimensions in paper space are excluded). DIMDISASSOCIATE then disassociates these dimensions and reports the number of dimensions that are filtered out and the number that are disassociated.

http://fazilmy.blogspot.com/

Message 11 of 12
osajitho

Thank you. its really working.

Message 12 of 12
hariprasad.kaipinavelil
in reply to: Anonymous

Well Done! Worked well.......Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost