Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from WIndows XP Pro to WIndows 7 with 2008 LT

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
251 Views, 2 Replies

Upgrade from WIndows XP Pro to WIndows 7 with 2008 LT

HI all,

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Will 2008 LT run  on windows 7?

My computer got hit with a   virus...seems to work ok except for a few things so its time maybe to go to windows 7.

Not ready to go to autocad 2012...not enough work to justify cost/effort.

Does autodesk have a list of compatible programs/system req's for old software like 2008LT?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

LT2010 and higher are only supported in Win7: LT2008 installed fine for me in Win7 64bit, and installs fine for many more in Win7 32bit (and a few, like everything else, come to a dead stop with Win7). Updates and patches seem to have a hard time finding LT2008 in Win7 64bit.

If you received recovery disks with your current PC (or still have an opportunity to make them if not), that might be the simpler cheaper fix for your issue.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks Dean.

Yes I have HPs recovery discs...I think they call it...HP Restore and they also shipped windows 7 discs as well.  I have a downgrade that was in the computer when purchased...Not sure exactly what that meant except that I was able to have the operating system XP Pro functional when I purchased the HP xw4600 workstation.(versus windows 7)

Seems my browser was slightly damaged from the virus. Just wont read some web sites security captions or display them on some sites, and windows upgrades are affected so not sure what is going on.

Think I will call HP.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost