Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch between multiple Tool palette paths in Autocad LT 14

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
janu319
615 Views, 1 Reply

Switch between multiple Tool palette paths in Autocad LT 14

Hi,

Few months back I made lot of bolcks and layouts for a underground cable network project, and I shared them to all users(apprroximately 200) via tool palette via a shared netwerk(readonly to all user and writable only to me). I also mentioned the layer name and other properties for each block in the tool palette properties. I also created a template with all layer names, text styles, leaders, dimensions etc.. and made that as default template using files tab in options. Everything working good now. 

Now I got new request from the users, that, they want to have different layers for each block, instead of a pre-defined layer in the tool properties. The reason is, the undergrounf network is owned by different companies. So they want to place the bolcks according to the owner of the network and in one drawing only. So that they can swith off/on the network they want ot use. 

Now, I have two options to do this,

1. Create the new layers in the template, and change the layer to "-- use current" in the tool properties and let the user select the current layer before placing the block in to the drawing. But chances of making mistakes is very high with this option.

2. Create the new layers in the template, create a new tool palette with new layers and save them in a network add the path in the "tool palettes file locations". Up to here I can able to do easily. I know Autocad always choose the fisrt path in the list of paths in the file locations. But my problem is how to move the paths up and down? Or is there any other way to change the tool palette path in LT? A macro? 

I hope I explained good enough.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jnanesh

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
bob_mpc
in reply to: janu319

MOVE UP and MOVE DOWN buttons?

Boris
AutoCad LT 2021.1.1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost