Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Oops' command not behaving correctly

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
MJCassidy
853 Views, 18 Replies

'Oops' command not behaving correctly

The 'oops' command is restoring all objects erased since the start of the session rather than the last one erased.

Is there a setting i'm missing?

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
pendean
in reply to: MJCassidy

OOPS restores objects erased by the last ERASE command use/session: not the last object erased.

Could that be the problem?

Message 3 of 19
MJCassidy
in reply to: pendean

Yes, you would expect so, however autocad is restoring the objects erased from every erase command used in the sesssion, not just the last erase. Thanks Mark Cassidy MJ Cassidy & Associates Pty.Ltd. 0437291376
Message 4 of 19
pendean

LT version? Windows OS?

Message 5 of 19
MJCassidy

Autocad lt 2013 (64bit) - windows 7

Message 6 of 19
pendean

I can't replicate: I draw a few objects, ERASE one of them then end the command. Start ERASE command again and delete a second object then end the command.

Start ERASE command a third time and delete a third object then end the command. If I type OOPS, only the last 'third' object is restored, object 1 and object 2 are not.

You seem to be describing UNDO instead, not OOPS.

LT2013, Win7 Pro 64bit, LT is fully patched/updated here.

Message 7 of 19
MJCassidy

I have recently installed a third party architectural software package called 'Cadsta' which is looking increasingly like the culprit.

Thankyou for taking the time to help me with this issue. I'll go back to the Cadsta engineers and look for a solution there.

Regards

Mark

Message 8 of 19
pendean

BTW, you should know that in North America at least adding that package's extra abilities to LT (if you got the MAX version) violates your LT End User License. You may have governmental protection if you are in Australia or some other regions of the world but I would not hang my businees hat on it for too long.

Read it for yourself: in LT start ABOUT command (type it), click on the PRODUCT INFORMATION button then on the new pop-up select LICENSE AGREEMENT button. Scroll down to section 2.2.2. and read in full:

"2.2.2     Licensee may not utilize any equipment, device, software, or other means to (or designed to) circumvent or remove any usage restrictions, or to enable functionality disabled by Autodesk, in connection with the Excluded Materials.  Licensee may not bypass or delete any functionality or technical limitations of the Autodesk Materials that (or that are designed to) prevent or inhibit the unauthorized copying of, Installation or Access to the Excluded Materials."

And remember, you also agreed to section 9.7, License Audits by Autodesk.

Message 9 of 19
MJCassidy

I'm offended by the tone of your reply.

I have legally purchased the third party software with all licences in place.

The software does not appear to "....circumvent or remove any usage restrictions, or to enable functionality disabled by Autodesk...." nor any other aspect of the licence agreement.

I have sought clarification from the software provider.

Message 10 of 19
pendean

Re-read my last post, it's informational in nature, especially the underlined portion. There was no "tone" in my reply, sorry if you read it as such for whatever reason only known to you: I was just letting you know about certain extra features you may or may not have purchased and how it may impact your Autodesk LT license agreement. Many users are not aware of such restrictions, as you appear to be unaware.

It has nothing to do with how or why you purchased the 3rd party product, the restriction applies to LT2013 from Autodesk as defined by Autodesk'e End User Agreement to you, the LT2013 license holder.

This has no impact on the 3rd party vendor or their sale of their product to you. You did not fully read or comprehend my reply. Try again.

Message 11 of 19
MJCassidy

I fully read, and comprehended, your post. Paticularly the last part -

"...And remember, you also agreed to section 9.7, License Audits by Autodesk..."

As far as I'm concerned the matter is closed.

Message 12 of 19
Charles_Shade

May or may not have anythng to do with this but what is the UNDOCTL Variable set to?

Message 13 of 19
pendean

So stating a fact/reality is considered a "tone"? that's a shame you feel that way, but that's your choice my friend.

Message 14 of 19
MJCassidy

UNDOCTL currently set to 53 (the initial setting?)

Message 15 of 19
drjohn

Your posts always sound arrogant and accusing.  I, persoanally have just grown accustomed to it.  I shrug it off.  Newbies to the forum might not see your way.  Best to keep criticism and accusations out of the mix.

Essentially, unless you are an AutoDESK employee, it is not your concern.

Admins visit the forum and I am sure they will deal with that in a way that is AutoDESK.

Regards,

DJ

Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 19
Charles_Shade

Same here for the Variable.

Did not see where or how it would make a difference since it does not here but wanted to ask.

It does sound like the third party program is mucking with the LT 2013 install. Maybe they have a bug.

Message 17 of 19
pendean
in reply to: drjohn

Got it 🙂

Message 18 of 19
jacko45

Don't change Dean, I think your attitude is fine. That's where half the fun of this forum comes from Smiley Very Happy

Message 19 of 19
pendean
in reply to: jacko45

I've never been accused of being "P.C." that's for sure 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost