AutoCAD LT General

Valued Contributor
ggunn
Message 11 of 15 (65 Views)

Re: More frustration with AutoCAD help

04-18-2012 03:06 PM in reply to: Lawson2011

"So you know we are willing to help but we are users like yourself and have other things we are doing.

If we do not respond immediately then likely our attention is focused elsewhere."

I know, sorry. I am just frustrated by wrestling for hours with something that should have taken a few minutes. My apologies.

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 12 of 15 (61 Views)

04-18-2012 03:10 PM in reply to: ggunn

You would be the first who creating a linetype "took a few minutes" :smileyvery-happy:

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
Valued Contributor
ggunn
Message 13 of 15 (59 Views)

04-18-2012 03:29 PM in reply to: Charles_Shade

" if you open the Linetype Manager in the upper left click on File... and it will take you to the proper folder."

I am looking at the Linetype Manager. There is no "File" in the upper left or anywhere else in the dialog box.

If I click on Load, it opens a new box called "Load or Reload Linetypes". It does have a File button in the upper left; clicking it opens a new dialog box called "Select Linetype File", and I see acadlt.lin in the list. Highlighting acadlt.lin and clicking Open just makes the box go away, leaving me back at Load or Reload Linetypes. I've been around this tree many many times in the past couple of hours. You know the popular definition of insanity, right? I'm there. ;^)

All I'm trying to do is create a linetype like the HW or GAS one, except that it will say DATA. Is that so hard?

Don't worry about responding immediately. It's 5:30 and my brain hurts. I'll check back tomorrow with a clearer head.

Active Contributor
Lawson2011
Message 14 of 15 (53 Views)

04-18-2012 04:47 PM in reply to: ggunn

What you discribe is what Charles said, it shows you where it is located on the C drive of your computer, if you look at message No.8 and 9 it shows you where it is, I don't think there is any way to edit it from the the acad program only by directly opening the file in the said folder....:smileyhappy:

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 15 of 15 (49 Views)

04-18-2012 05:52 PM in reply to: ggunn

The spacing will not be right because the DATA is four letters and GAS three but this is basically the line:

*DATA_LINE,DATA line ----DATA----DATA----DATA----DATA----DATA----DATA--
A,.5,-.2,["DATA",STANDARD,S=.1,U=0.0,X=-0.1,Y=-.05],-.25

This is the definition to start with but until you get to the ACADLT.LIN file you will not be able to add it to CAD and test.

Also - Are you wroking in imperial or metric?

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community