Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dview? 3D or Perspective

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bbrown
380 Views, 3 Replies

Dview? 3D or Perspective

Hello there everyone...

Hopefully someone will see this and know the answer.

I am working with Autocad 2014LT and am having some trouble with the "DVIEW" command...specifically, it doesn't seem to exist.  When I type "DVIEW" it engages "DDVIEW" and I get the 3d viewport menu, but I see no way to create or modify a perspecive view...at least not in the way that I was used to in previous versions.

I opened a file that I created previously and it opened and I was able to use it as a base for this new file, but could not modufy the perspective in just about any way...

My first question...does "DVIEW" exist in LT?

Second, if SO, how does it work in the new interface?

(The old method, just for reference, would be type "DVIEW" then select the items you wanted in the view, generally "ALL", then the options came up, I often would use the "2 Camera" interface, and then set the cameras, and then play with the "Lens zoom" etc...Can I do any of that anymore?)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sthompson1021
in reply to: bbrown

DVIEW was eliminated I believe in the 2008 "upgrade" of LT

Message 3 of 4
pendean

Is it even listed in HELP anymore? Look it up.
Message 4 of 4
steven-g

LT will allow you to view perspective if it was set in the full version of Autocad, but you cannot turn it on or alter it unfortunately. You can move around a 3D object using 'view point' but if you want perspective you will have to draw that yourself the old fashioned way (for each viewing angle).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost