Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't view layer properties manager

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Eldritch
4531 Views, 10 Replies

Can't view layer properties manager

LT 2014 and 2015.  when I call up the layer manager I only see the filter, status and name columns and the whole thing is docked next to my drawing area.  No scroll bar to view columns to the right of name column so I cannot view or change any of the layer properties.  how do I stop the Layer Manager Docking?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
rkmcswain
in reply to: Eldritch

As a temporary workaround, set LAYERDLGMODE to 0 and try the layer command again.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 11
Eldritch
in reply to: rkmcswain

OK.  This didn't change the accessibility to the layermanager.  Wen I call t Layer Manager I have a docked fixed view left of screen of the first two columns only.  See attached screenshot.

Message 4 of 11
rkmcswain

Well, maybe LT does not support this variable. When it's set to 0 in AutoCAD, you get the old modal layer manager 

(1) What is preventing you from UNdocking the Layer Palette?

(2) Does the command "CLASSICLAYER" do anything?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 5 of 11
pendean

undock your layer palette, does the problem go away?
Message 6 of 11
Eldritch
in reply to: rkmcswain

Classiclayer command gives what I want but does not affect docked pallette.
I don't know how to undock Layer Manager pallette
Message 7 of 11
pendean

Click and hold the title, drag it to your screen?
LAYER and CLASSICLAYER are two separate commands: one does not affect the other.
Message 8 of 11
Eldritch

Close post guys. Thank you for your time. I was getting a command barred red symbol when I tried to undock it. I have now managed to find and uncheck [allow docking] and it is all fine. signing off.
Message 9 of 11
LetitiaS
in reply to: pendean

I just loaded AutoCAD LT 2015 onto my computer yesterday.  My layer properties manager is locked on the left side of my screen (not docked, just stuck).  I can only see the Filters, Status, & Name columns.  It will not let me uncheck the "allow docking."  It won't let me move it to the middle of my screen by dragging & dropping it.  It won't let me stretch it out so I can view the other columns like linetype.  How can I fix this?  I can't change my linetypes because I can't see that column.

Message 10 of 11
pendean
in reply to: LetitiaS

See your other post.
Message 11 of 11
pleonian
in reply to: pendean

Command:

LOCKUI

value "1"

FIX

From Argentina

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost