Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT2014 and windows 8.1

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
thierrydelondres
4126 Views, 12 Replies

Autocad LT2014 and windows 8.1

I was running autocad LT2014 64 bit on my windows 8 laptop (AMD E2 with 6GB RAM).

I follishly upgraded windows 8 to 8.1 and since LT 2014 does not work.

LT2014 goes through the loading process and right at the end you just see a flash of the graphical interface and then shut down.

I have repaired LT2014, uninstalled and reinstalled but still the same problem.

I tried to revert back to windows 8.0 by doing a system restore but for some strange reason the system restore process goes through but does not take me back to 8.0 but still in 8.1 (will investigate this one with Microsoft).

Anybody had similar experiences with LT2014 and windows 8.1 ?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
pendean
in reply to: thierrydelondres

Win8.1 has not been fully santioned yet judging by others with similar problems to yours.
Find a way to roll back to Win 8.0 until Autodesk publishes a definitive solution.
Message 3 of 13

I have upgrated from Windows 8 64bit to Windows 8.1 64bit. AutoCad LT 2014 works fine. No problems till now.

Message 4 of 13
DarrenP
in reply to: ValdisPriednieks

your one of the lucky ones

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 13
DeanSP

Hello fellow autocad users

Just to give you a hand with the issue with instailling autocad 2014 LT on windows 8.1

if your thinking that its the os thats the probelem try using google chrome as I.E does not

allow you to download and keeps on coming up with commucation error.

Google chrome

WORKS!

Message 6 of 13
braudpat
in reply to: ValdisPriednieks

Hello from France

You are very lucky !

Because with a 2014 Autodesk Software runnig on Windows 8.0, after an update to Windows 8.1 ...

you have only about 10% to be yet ALIVE !

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 7 of 13

I have had similar problems of Autocad LT2014 having errors and shutting down in Windows 8.1. Rolling back the OS or downgrading software is not an option. Its noted to happen on moving and panning on the screen, opening files, and closing files.

Hope the issues get resolved soon!

Message 8 of 13
pendean
in reply to: organicmodern

LT2015, not 2014 or lower, is fully supported and working well in Win8.1.
No one at Autodesk is working on LT2014 and Win8.1 AFAIK, but if it does happen, you'll know same time we all do.

Some users find buying a 3rd party tool called LONGBOW fixes the issues, others have simply removed all instances of Autodesk software, .NET and C++ from the Windows, reinstalled AutoCAD, and got it all to work.
Start at it while you wait, "soon" may be a very long time away.
Message 9 of 13
organicmodern
in reply to: pendean

I'm holding in my hand an Autodesk LT box with 'Windows 8 Compatible' on the back.

I would appreciate someone from customer service contacting me immediately to resolve the issue, as the answer that compatibilty issues with the 8.1 update will not be addressed is unacceptable. Please note this is called LT2014, and the year is 2014. Thanks.

Message 10 of 13
pendean

Win8 is not Win8.1: Autidesk only list officially, in writing, that Win8.1 is supported in LT 2015.

For Autodesk installation help you can buy and ask for assistance on the subscription portal or purchase this add-on http://www.longbowsoftware or by posting at the following forum and waiting:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24

But the facts in my first sentence do not change. Sorry, your interpretation is not their reality.
Message 11 of 13
braudpat
in reply to: organicmodern

Hello from France

+1 with Pendean : WIn 8.0 is not WIn 8.1 !

You said >>> compatibilty issues with the 8.1 update will not be addressed is unacceptable <<<

I agree with you, the problem has been discovered in Sept/Oct 2013 !

And Autodesk could release a Patch specific to 2014 versions + SP 1 : maybe a specific Patch ou maybe a SP 2 !?

It's mainly a problem linked to Dotnet ...

But for some obscur reasons, they have decided to not deliver this patch to be comptaible with Win 8.1 !

---> Sorry It's the life ...

Before wanting "to kill" Autodesk, please remind that other "big" software editor are doing the "same" ...

Please speak a little bit with some IT guys about Oracle for example ...

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 12 of 13
organicmodern

Couple things I've learned:

LONGBOW does NOT support 2014

Sales contacted me for subscription renewal to 2015 - much appreciated!

Still waiting for the actual 2015 update to process and working on the demo copy.

Message 13 of 13
gccdesign

According to an article in Ars Technica (4/16/2014), those of us staying with Windows 8.0 have another 3-1/2 months until MS stops putting out security updates for Windows 8.0.

So hopefully Autodesk will issue an update or fix for the 8.1 problems. Otherwise a lot of people may be forced to upgrade to LT 2015.

Autocad LT 2014 is what I have purchased, and I'm not installing the Windows 8.1 update for this reason only, I don't want to risk having my bread and butter stop working without being forced into what would for me be an early upgrade.

I haven't heard of any other applications I use having 8.1 problems.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost