Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT 2015

38 REPLIES 38
Message 1 of 39
Darylt
4590 Views, 38 Replies

Autocad LT 2015

Just downloaded the new version of LT and would welcome comments on stability, errors etc from anyone that has loaded and used this new version. LT 2014 of which I currently use was full of issues (flickering, Autodesk 360 causing error messages, etc) and therefore a little nervous of loading LT2015.

1. Can LT2015 be loaded without Autodesk 360?
2. What are the differences between LT 2014 and LT2015? Usually Autodesk release some flyers etc on what's new in recent version but can't seem to find these on their website.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Daryl

38 REPLIES 38
Message 21 of 39
pendean
in reply to: Darylt

Are you using a PC3 file? Migration should grab it if the answer is yes, and may be the root of the problem.
Message 22 of 39
Darylt
in reply to: pendean

Yes I do use pc3 files for printer. Which box do I need to tick in migration settings to take the pc3 file across from LT2014?

Thank you,

Daryl
Message 23 of 39
pendean

Begs the question what were you taslking about earlier when you said you already tested with the PC3 file?

In LT2014, type PLOTTERMANAGER, it will open the folder your PC3 files are in.
in LT2015, do the same.
Copy your PC3 file from one loation to the other location.
No need for 'migration'.
Message 24 of 39
Darylt

The earlier message relates to a newly created pc3 file within LT 2015 and not a copied version from LT 2014!

Just tried to copy the pc3 from LT 2014 to LT 2015 - no solution.

A glitch somewhere with the printer driver or LT2015 software as Anne (see earlier post) has got the same set up working fine. Oh well...... Live in hope!

Daryl
Message 25 of 39
pendean

Can you print to this HP from any other software?
Can you change sheets to the ones you want from any other software?
What can you do with this driver in other software?
Message 26 of 39
Darylt

Yes can print from Microsoft office and adobe software.

Daryl
Message 27 of 39
pendean

And the other questions?
Message 28 of 39
Darylt

Hi Dean,

I can use the T520 in other software to include changing paper size etc. i.e. it works as normal in other software - microsoft office, LT 2014, Adobe etc.

See attached screen shots -

T520 in Control panel, Printers.

T520 system driver in LT 2015.

The issue is definitely a communication/driver  error between T520 and LT 2015. How to resolve it is another question....

Thanks for your help,

Daryl 

Message 29 of 39
pendean

Try resetting LT2015. Then try removing and reinstalling your Windows Driver if the first did not work.

Your Windows System Driver (no PC3 file) works fine here in R2015 and R2014 and R2013 and R2012 and R2011... Win7 64bit Pro.

15.png 14.png

13.png 12.png

11.png

Message 30 of 39
Darylt

I give up......

I have reset LT 2015 and reinstalled printer driver but still have the same issue.

Message 31 of 39
pendean

Weird: sorry my friend.
Message 32 of 39
mjsarch

I'm running windows 8 and AutoCAD LT 2015 and am having driver issues with plotting to my HP Designjet 500. I know there've been a lot of posts regarding this problem. I'm wondering if there have been any solutions found? I'm getting a "the driver can't be found" message. 

Message 33 of 39
pendean

There is no fix at the moment for HP plotters with AutoCAD 2015 in Win8/8.1: check out the various identical posts in the print-plot forum.
Message 34 of 39
mjsarch

Actually, I removed my old driver and downloaded the latest driver for my
designjet 500 from HP. I still get the warning sign, can't find drivers,
etc. but I click OK and then it lets me select the plotter and prints just
fine.

Thank you for your time,

Best regards,

Michael

Michael J. Silva Architecture

43 Featherbed Lane

Rochester, MA 02770

p. 774-849-5565 c.401-595-0305

www.mjsarchdesign.com

This email and its content is copyright of Michael J. Silva Architecture - C
Michael J. Silva Architecture 2014. All rights reserved.

Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the content in any form
is prohibited. other than the following:

1. You may print or download to a local disk or extracts for your
personal and non-commercial use only.

2. You may copy the content to individual third parties for their
personal use, but only if you acknowledge Michael J. Silva Architecture as
the source of the material.

You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or
commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any
other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Message 35 of 39
rhoscadman

I would imagine that by now you will have made a decision and gone ahead with the 2015LT version, and am interested how are you getting on. We here made the jump from 2012LT to 2015LT. You would think that in that time there would have been a reasonable amount of improvement in the user-friendly scenario. But no, if anything some of us here have been inundated with issues. Especially when we're under the cosh, so to speak. Problems like being unable to select a circle if we point the cursor at a certain part of that circle (it's as if it just doesn't exist), but if you move your cursor to a different part of that same circle it can be selected. The we had a recent issue that the grips in a rectangle were misbehaving. Irritating little things that happen and you don't need when you're under pressure.

It's not a graphics card, CPU card or a blah blah blah widget issue, as the Autodesk drones try to convince us it is, because when we open that drawing in 2012LT...............and hey presto! no problems.

Frankly as years go by, I am becoming more and more disappointed with Autocad; they seem to be trying too hard inventing new fancy dan features without addressing the old problems. Why? I feel that Autodesk is increasingly treating it's users as a bunch of imbeciles, trying to tell us what we need, and ignoring what we want.

Rant over

Message 36 of 39
pendean
in reply to: rhoscadman

Based only on your description, REGEN or REGENALL shOuld address your circle selection issue.

No idea what you mean by misbehaving grips: you provide not details.

Turn off LINESMOOTHING and/or change graphics hardware acceleration in LT2015 ( not options in LT2012) and see if that helps. LT2015 has a new graphics engine that is troublesome: it no longer matters what older versions can do on the same PC sadly.
Message 37 of 39
rhoscadman

Don't worry, I've been around the block a few times in this game to have tried all the little tricks to make a glitch go away: REGEN, REGEALL, AUDIT, or RECOVER,  failing that, open new drawing and transferring all the entities from the existing drawing to the new one, PURGE etc, etc to reboot the computer, then ultimately as a last case resort, re-install the programme.

As regards the grips, I have opened a new topic on this matter a few days ago in the Forum. We never found a solution, but it seemed to solve itself. Maybe a hot toddy and a good night's rest should be suggested for all those "impossible" Autocad issues.

Problems with Graphics engine, you say? And what, pray is Autodesk doing about it?

Have a nice week-end all

Now where did I put that bottle......?

Message 38 of 39
dgorsman

It very well could be a hardware issue, as hardware that was mid- to end-of-line at the time of the 2012 release (and therefore fully tested and supported) may be considered obsolete for the 2015 release.  More specifically, the older version may be using DirectX 9 (which may not even be compatible with newer OS versions - one of the updsides of dropping XP support is cleaning out a lot of that legacy support) while the newer version is built to use the much newer DirectX 11.  But most would lump that in as "hardware issue".

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 39 of 39
pendean

AUDIT, PURGE and RECOVER are pointless for the inability to select a circle except of you slide over a bit: that's an old DOS issue with circles not stying true when zooming around (part of the need to sped up zooms issue, a topic beat to death 15-20 years ago). No need to "reinstall" either, another pointless fix.

If turning off/on the PC or AutoCAD fixed the grips issue it may well have been just that: a glitch in Windows or the program or the file or the user. Welcome to Windows world: try a MAC, way more stable.

If you want to get Autodesk's attention, do it where they listen (talkng to peers around here is only good for a quick rant and an amen from the rest of us): http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?id=1073063&siteID=123112

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost