Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT 2014 becomes slow after opening second dwg

25 REPLIES 25
Message 1 of 26
suzamata
4369 Views, 25 Replies

Autocad LT 2014 becomes slow after opening second dwg

Autocad LT 2014 works fine when one dwg is open, but after opening a second dwg autocad becomes 'selectively sluggish'. By 'sluggish' I mean panning and zooming are choppy, and switching between paperspace layouts is painfully slow. By 'selective' I mean that the program is slow only when working on the second drawing; I can toggle over to the first dwg that was opened and normal functionality resumes. These are not big files, there are not underlays or xrefs or crazy hatches/dynamic blocks/etc. It happens when working locally or off of the file server.

The only way I can have two drawings open and work normally is to open two instances of Autocad LT 2014 and have a drawing open in each -- then, I can switch back and forth as usual, with normal speeds. Any ideas? 

25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26
yhbpl
in reply to: suzamata

how about this? 

specs:

windows 7

8gb ram

intel core i7

NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Message 22 of 26
braudpat
in reply to: yhbpl

Hello

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

What is your problem ?

Maybe you could create a new Topic or use this one ONLY if you have the same problem !

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 23 of 26
vladshum
in reply to: suzamata

Same exact Issue as the creator of the thread.

The office I work at has used Autocad 2013 LT without this problem ever occuring. But recently we aquired a new computer and a copy of Autocad Lt 2014. The program works perfectly as long as only one .dwg is open but as soon as a second file is opened autocad runs very very slowly.
Takes a long time to load the file and pretty much makes it impossible to do anything at all until one of the two opened dwgs is closed. Autocad runs fine as long as only one dwg is running per instance of Autocad 2014 LT even if it was previously slowed down by opening two. If I open autocad twice and run different dwgs on each one the program works fine, this is my current work around....but forgetting about the issuse and opening a second dwg is really annoying since it breaks work flow.

We have tried running Autocad 2014 LT on a different pc and the results were the same, two dwg files can't run effectivly on a single instance of Autocad 2014 LT.

I'm not about to start messing around with the system file names to try fix this and risk much more serious problems occuring but Autodesk should be aware that this bug is present in Autocad 2014 LT.   

Specs of the machines

Model number Gateway DX4870

Windows 8 64-bit OS

8.00 GB of DDR3 RAM

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3330 CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00GHz

Graphics: Intel(R) HD Graphics 

Second Machines Specs

Windows 7 64-bit OS

8.00 GB of DDR3 RAM

Processor: AMD FX(TM)-4130 Quad Core Processor 3.80GHz

Graphics: ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics 

Message 24 of 26
braudpat
in reply to: vladshum

Hello

Q) Have you tried to rename this file ?

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2014\AecCore.crx" to "AecCore.xxx"

and try to relaunch ACAD LT 2014 ... So ?

If it's OK !?

Solution 1 - With REGEDIT (with a ".REG" file in fact) there is an Autodesk solution ...

Solution 2 - Replace the 2014 file by the same file coming from ACAD LT 2013 ...

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 25 of 26
vladshum
in reply to: braudpat

I have just renamed the file.
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2014\AecCore.crx" to "AecCore.xxx"
- That seems to have fixed the issue, running Multiple dwgs in one instance just fine. Thank You
Message 26 of 26
smashtakov
in reply to: braudpat

Renaming the file works. Same problem with 32GB of ram on Windows 8.1.

Thanks Pat!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost