Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT 2002 Gedit Error

31 REPLIES 31
SOLVED
Message 1 of 32
michele_coser
10246 Views, 31 Replies

Autocad LT 2002 Gedit Error

Hi to all, I use Autocad LT 2002 on WindowsXP;  a few days ago the license of Norton Antivirus expired, so some days without protection are passed.

However today i installed the Norton Internet Security 2012... but now after a few commands, Autocad LT 2002 crashes with the "Internal Error: Gedit 3" message.

I already tried the patch SP1 (Italian), but the error keeps going out.

Thanks in advance.

31 REPLIES 31
Message 21 of 32
Charles_Shade
in reply to: mmott

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

The Norton antivirus is likely the issue for you.

It is well documented around these Forums how poorly Norton and Autodesk play together.

I would recommend removing the Norton Products and installing the AVG.

However - GEDIT3 errors can be any number of other programs. Adobe may be someone elses culprit but not yours.

There is a conflict. It may take time to find what it is.

Message 22 of 32
jfredella

I bought the 2005 LT upgrade and the problem went away.
Message 23 of 32
Charles_Shade
in reply to: jfredella

LT 2005 is likely not an option for the poster here. 2014 products are currently shipping.

And yes the issue has generally been solved by the software for the last several versions.

Message 24 of 32
mmott
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Charles, thank you for your answer. My dilema is that I had AVG for the last 5 years or so, the repair company told me my computer was ful of viruses and that AVG was a virus itself, they clained that If I installed AVG it would void the warranty.

Michael

Message 25 of 32
mmott

further to my last comment I called the Repair company and they suggested removing the Norton and installing Microsoft securities.

Michael

Message 26 of 32
drjohn

@mmott wrote:

further to my last comment I called the Repair company and they suggested removing the Norton and installing Microsoft securities.

Michael

Out of the frying pan and into the fire.  Smiley Frustrated

Your repair company is mis-informed.

Message 27 of 32
mmott
in reply to: drjohn

Drjohn

What would you suggest?

I did pay for the AVG in February. I could reinstall it. It was suggested that I dump Norton and reinstall AVG what is the downside of that option?

I do not use my LT 2002 commercially and I do like how it works for my particular use I for hobby work drawing for model engineering and model boats.

Michael

Message 28 of 32
Charles_Shade

AVG Free has been on my system for several years and I have not had virus issues.

I do contend that running thru the Router goes a long way to helping in that regard as well.

Message 29 of 32
pendean

If you just just CAD for hobby, try grabbing some free laternate from other vendors. Many look and act like your old version of LT and are designed for current times/software etc. use a search term like "freeware cad software" in your preferred webbrowser, and try many of all.

LT2002 works bets in Windows 95/98NT4, but who still does that?
Message 30 of 32
drjohn

@mmott wrote:

Drjohn

What would you suggest?

I did pay for the AVG in February. I could reinstall it. It was suggested that I dump Norton and reinstall AVG what is the downside of that option?

Michael

I gotta go with Charlie on this one.  AVG has run on my systems at home (6 of them) and not had an issue.

As far as Norton is concerned, even AutoDESK is aware of it's (Norton's) shortcomings ... >>>here<<<

AVG and  AVAST! are both freeware.  If you chose to pay for the complete version they are even better.

HTH

Regards,

DJ

Message 31 of 32
mmott
in reply to: pendean

Thank you all for your comments and helpful suggestions

I will have a look and see how I feel about the alternatives, I do not have the funds at the present time to upgrade or purchase the current version of LT, I am not in the position of being able to purchase a newer system either, and upgrade needs a 2008 or later version anyway. that said I would have to buy newLT

I am torn by the whole virus protection issues, in a perfect world we would not have to deal with them.

michael

Message 32 of 32
frankfv123
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Ok.  I have the same problem that everyone else has.  This is simple and works. I have a virtual xp machine.  Go to vmware and download a machine. A couple of  the tricks to get it to work is to share a folder on the host computer. ( I shared my entire drive).  After I had the virtual machine loaded, I loaded Autocad LT from the CD and put the serial and key in. 

The following link describes how to import an xp machine. 

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Workstation-Player/12.0/com.vmware.player.win.using.doc/GUID-D6E6E...

This is so simple and painless and you may find other applications that you can use the virtual machine for.

Word of caution.  Windows xp does not have much security since it is no longer supported by MS. The player can restrict internet access if set up properly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost