Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2014

62 REPLIES 62
Message 1 of 63
patrick.bijsterveld
12384 Views, 62 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2014

Hello again.

Now trying Autocad LT 2014, now on the windows 7 PC, HP Z620, quaddro FX 2000.

Multiple problems/annoying things found (i think).

There are still no Certified Drivers for AutoCAD LT available, hardware accelleration?!

When i try to work with a drawing that has multiple viewports, it becomes "laggy", as did 2012 and 2013. Driver problem, hardware accelleration?

when opening a blanc template and copy/paste 1 block in this template, it is terrebly slow, not to work with. in the right bottom corner there is a message "unrecognized" when panning or zooming. after panning or zooming it's gone. (see printscreen)

can anyone help me?

attached:

drawing with 1 block, problems with panning / zooming

printscreen unrecognized "something"?

hardware performance log.

Tags (1)
62 REPLIES 62
Message 21 of 63

Ok - message from Autodesk...

"They found that a file is causing the issue when two or more drawings with and without proxy elements are open at the same time.

As workaround, renaming the following file eliminates the problem without affecting the drawings.

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2014\AecCore.crx"

I've tried it for about an hour and seems ok - will test properly today

Message 22 of 63
pendean
in reply to: ScottC

Thanks for sharing.
Message 23 of 63
paulhunt
in reply to: pendean

HI I was having the same problem with laggy drawings & this fix work for me. Thanks.

Message 24 of 63
JHoogstede

Loads of thanx for this topic and the answer! Had the same problem, now going to try the solution and hope it is solved for now.

Message 25 of 63
braudpat
in reply to: JHoogstede

Hello

And with the same DWGs opened by a standard ACAD 2012/2013/2014 : no problem ?

So it is really related ONLY  (AecCore.crx)   to ACAD LT ??

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 26 of 63
Darylt

I have had the following reply from Autodesk regarding this problem -

Regarding the problem when zoom&pan that some icons on the status area start to blink for few seconds, we are investigating for a solution, but it seems that the problem is with one of the Object Enablers that are installed with AutoCAD LT, please try to rename this file:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2014\AecCore.crx" to, for example "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2014\AecCore.crx_old".

This will avoid this OE to be loaded. And the problem will not appear again.

I have changed the file name but then cad will not launch (Fatal error message) - What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Daryl

Message 27 of 63
pendean
in reply to: Darylt

Rename it back?

Notice what the suggestion is saying: the core built-in Object Enabler is simply being disabled. That's a bandaid on a bleeding wound, temporary fix and not a solution.
Message 28 of 63
Darylt

I have changed the file name back and software is now working albeit with flickering issue - Just wondering how others have changed the file name and got it to work??

Thank you,

Daryl

Message 29 of 63
pendean
in reply to: Darylt

Most likely, everyone else is changing the extension to .OLD and not the odd variant they have chosen.
I prefer to do something like FILENAME.EXT.OLD for example.
Message 30 of 63
ScottC

I've changed my too  "_AecCore.crx" its flying along - but it is a temp fix/workaround though I've seen no side effects Smiley Happy

Message 31 of 63
akimber

The "unrecognised" flickering issue is also being discussed here.

Message 32 of 63
yooperjeff
in reply to: akimber

Changing to "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2014\AecCore.crx.old" seems to work for me and my situation.

Excellent.

Message 33 of 63
SteveCrow5000
in reply to: yooperjeff

You can work "properly" with two drawings open in LT2012, try the same two drawings in LT2014 on the same hardware and it is virtually impossible to pan around.

File size doesn't matter, graphics doesn't matter, OS doesn't matter, RAM doesn't matter. Point is it works fine in earlier versions, it doesn't work in LT2014,

Don't try passing the book onto the hardware, certified drivers, cards  etc etc etc

Autodesks issue.... get it sorted, period

Message 34 of 63
ScottC
in reply to: SteveCrow5000

erm - the answer to fix it is listed above...

Message 35 of 63
SteveCrow5000

....and the faulty Object Enabler?

Message 36 of 63

It fixes the symptoms, not the cause.

Message 37 of 63
ScottC
in reply to: SteveCrow5000

Autodesk have provided a fix until a formal update is released - they havent blamed hardware

Message 38 of 63

3.92 Meg file and 4.29 Meg file open: No problem

Added a 4.44 Meg to the mix: Just fine.

System.jpg

Message 39 of 63
slander1969

I've carried out the workaround as suggested, i.e. swapping the AecCore.crx from 2013, which has improved the running of the software.

The downside is that the command -Exporttoautocad is now missing.

Clearly AecCore.crx is the enabler for this command.

I've logged the problem through the Subscription Centre but has anyone come across yet another workaround for this?

Many thanks,

Steve.

Message 40 of 63
ScottC
in reply to: slander1969

Autodesk emailed me this:-

This is an update just coming from our development team.

A fix for this issue is planned for the next (SP1) service pack.

Renaming AecCore.crx is not an accepted workaround, it may lead to other issues.

Meanwhile, they recommend to fix this issue temporarily by update the registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT\R20\ACADLT-D001\Variables\AECPSDAUTOATTACH]
@="0"
"StorageType"=dword:00000003
"SecondaryType"=dword:00000001
"LowerBound"=dword:00000000
"UpperBound"=dword:00000001
"PrimaryType"=dword:0000138b
// =================== reg file end =====================

Save the above text into a .reg file (eg fixLT.reg), and then run fixLT.reg to update the LT registry path.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost