Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2014: How do you disable the Selection Popup window?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Architektus
9648 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2014: How do you disable the Selection Popup window?

AutoCAD LT 2014: When attempting to select from a grouping of multiple objects (a couple of lines stacked on top of one another, say a line and an XLine), you (Autodesk) have created a new popup window which asks me which of these objects I would like to select. Of course, this window pops-up right where I am focused and working, creating a HUGE, time-consuming pain-in-the-****, trouble-making hassle to either, tell 'you' which line I already know I want to select (because it's already on top of the stack), or stop what I am doing to move this annoying SELECTION popup window out opf the way, which requires that I move my cursor away from what I was trying to do, naming cut, trim, etc. All I want to do is disable this menu, as it popups right where I am working, and I have no need for it.

Can you disable this popup window in AutoCAD LT 2014?

I feel like I have been banished to Autodesk hell, trying to figure out from your forums purgatory how to do this, only to realize that the only system variable remotely referenced is only for full version of CAD, and not AutoCAD LT (the menu apparently does not exist in LT).

Please help...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
braudpat
in reply to: Architektus

Hello

Just a quick idea !

Have you tried to disable "Selection Cycle" with :  Ctrl W

And please play with the System variable :  SELECTIONCYCLING

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Architektus
in reply to: Architektus

BradPat:

Thank you for the suggestion. That was it!

Apparently, I must have accidently hit Ctrl-W to toggle this selection, but for the life of me could not determine how to toggle it back off, as the Selection Cycling Icon was also turned off in the tray. Through the Forums, I was able to determine that there actually was a Selection Cycling icon, and, in trying to get the icon turned back on (right-click on try, select Status Toggle fly-out menus, select Selection Cycling), did I see that the shortcut command was Ctrl-W, leading me to realize that I must have inadvertantly hit Ctrl-W, toggled the Selection Popup on, and then two days later finally figured this all out

Thank you for your response.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost