Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2013 - inserting jpg

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
wjamieson5GH67
806 Views, 8 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2013 - inserting jpg

We have recently upgraded  to LT 2013 from LT 2010 & LT 2012. When we open a drawing prepared using LT 2012 or LT 2010 in LT 2013 all jpg's have been re-scaled and have moved location. Anyone have any ideas how to fix?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: wjamieson5GH67

Can you share a 2010 DWG with this problem (include the image file please)? I've never seen it before but I don't paste that many JPG file often enough.

Message 3 of 9
Charles_Shade
in reply to: pendean

...and if you insert one of these old JPEG's into a drawing created with the new seat of LT 2013 does it behave as you expect?

Message 4 of 9

Drawings were originally prepared and issued using either 2012LT or 2010LT. The problem arises when we now open the same drawing in 2013LT.

Charles when we insert original jpeg into new 2013LT drawing the original jpeg inserts as normal. The problem we have is that any 'old' drawings will require a lot of labourious changes to get the jpegs re-sized andmoved into the correct location. Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 9

I was wondering if there may be Variables in the new seat that are different from the older seats.

If your JPEG inserts in the new as you wish then your programs should be the same.

Did the location of the files change with the update in the AutoCAD program?

Message 6 of 9

Charles,

It is my understanding that variables are set within the dwg and can only be manually updated.

The location of the files has not changed as they are all on our server.

All CAD stations have same drives mapped, so the location of each image remains the same. Also the Jpegs have not been individually manipulated in any way...

Message 7 of 9
pendean

A dwg in 2010 format with the jpeg sure would go a long way to reduce the guesses and work towards a solution 🙂

Message 8 of 9
wjamieson5GH67
in reply to: pendean

Dean,

File attached. As you can see in paper space the yellow text denotes site location, however when in model space the cyan text denotes the actual site location.

You will also see the two jpegs overlap each other which was not the case when the drawings were first prepared and issued.

Smiley Frustrated

Message 9 of 9
pendean

So the attached is the "broken" file? It's not in 2013 format. And your jpegs are missing (did you carefully read what I suggested you post?).

Can you post the original 2010 "unbroken" file so we can see if, as you are experiencing, LT2013 does something on it's own without user input to break it?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost