Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2002 Gedit 3 Error

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ron
Observer
5159 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2002 Gedit 3 Error

We are using AutoCAD LT 2002.  When we start making changes to drawing files in the program, a GEDIT 3 Error message pops up. After selecting OK in the error message, it asks if you want to save a recoverable version of the drawing file, then proceeds to exit the program.  We have tried the repair AutoCAD and restarting the computer after the repair is complete.  That option did not solve the problem, so what would be the next option in trying to solve the error problem?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Charles_Shade
in reply to: ron

Google the error.

You can search here but Google will get you the same results.

What is your OS?

Message 3 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: Charles_Shade

you can start here: http://ltisacad.blogspot.com/2007/09/gedit-or-gedit-3-error-messages.html

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
ron
Observer

I already googled the error.  I'm not finding anything that is helping me fix the problem.  All I have found is that uninstalling AVAST could maybe fix the problem, which I don't see AVAST installed on the computer or there could be a conflict with the hardware or software on the computer interfering with AutoCAD.  The operating system we use is Windows XP.  We also tried updating AutoCAD with the service pack that autodesk provides on their site which didn't work either.

Message 5 of 6
Charles_Shade

Autodesk Recommended Clean Install Procedure:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240817&id=2887771&siteID=123112

There is something on your system that is causing the error. An installed program of some sort.

Finding which one is the issue. AVAST is but one.

Short of starting over with the CAD install the next step is to format the hard-drive and start from scratch.

40 threads to read here with a simple Forum search:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=location&location=forum-board%3A4...

Message 6 of 6
pendean

A recent software/driver add or change or upgrade/downgrade on your PCs triggered the GEDIT3 error in LT2002: sadly, LT2002 is prone to just a problem and there is no fix, and Autodesk is sure not spending any time on it since that version has been out of circulation for quite some time.

So, what changed on your PCs about the time this started showing up? Nothing would be an incorrect answer. It's always triggered by a change on the PC. It's not easy to find, but you can start now without a Google search.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost