AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TERMINAL STRIP EDITOR or AETERMRENUM

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Vulcan1970
376 Views, 2 Replies

TERMINAL STRIP EDITOR or AETERMRENUM

I have a question about terminal strip editor and AETERMRENUM.

I have been using the terminal strip editor to renumber/ resequence my terminal pin numbers. I am using "Round with Terminal Number." When i edit the terminal strip and i renumber on a per terminal basis starting with number 1 and i have ignore accessories checkbox marked, my schematic terminals are not renumbered in sequence. On one page my first three terminals will have pin numbers 7 through 10 and the next pin on the same terminal strip is 15.  When i use AETERMRENUM the terminals are numbered from left to right and top to bottom throughout all of my schematic drawings. 

Why does terminal strip editor not do this? Is it corrupt, or is it leaving the panel layout drawing in its same location, and renumbering my pins based on a physical view of how i placed them in my panel layout?

Is AETERMRENUM still supported? If so why is it not on the ribbon?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
algerj
in reply to: Vulcan1970

Hi Vulcan,

AETERMRENUM, is still supported, its just not on the ribbon.

Sometimes Autodesk, replaces the tool with something else that does the same job, sometimes it is slightly different. 

When they retire a tool, they usually don't remove the tool.

They sometimes rename them (Extremely rare), or in this case simply not place it on the ribbon. 

You can add the command to your ribbon using the CUI tool.

Regards,

James Alger

SolidCAD

Message 3 of 3
Vulcan1970
in reply to: algerj

I placed the command on my ribbon. Thank you

AETERMRENUM is such a great tool. I dont want it replaced with something that doesnt renumber the terminals by the schematics, but by the panel layout. 

Thank you for your input

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost