AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Family Code Prefixes in Symbol Tags

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
petestrycharske
486 Views, 3 Replies

Missing Family Code Prefixes in Symbol Tags

I have a situation where I cannot get the family codes to show up as prefixes for the symbol tags in ACAD Electrical 2013.  The "%F%N" is set in the tag field in the document and project settings.  However, on any custom symbols that are created, the family code prefixes do not show up.  Are there any other settings that I should be looking into?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Attached is an example with the prefix shown on the right and no prefix shown on the left.

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I have to ask: in the custom symbols that you created, did you fill in the FAMILY attribute Default Value?

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 4

That is a fair question and yes it has been entered.  The kicker is that it works for symbols native to ACAD Elec and this only works with the custom symbols.  One additional comment, I probably should have mentioned earlier, is that one of the users I am working with gets an attribute WDBLKNAM when he creates a custom symbol and I do not.  Not sure if that would have anything to do with the situation, but want to throw it out there.  The symbols with the WDBLKNAM are having the issue.

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 4 of 4

Oops previous post should have said, prefixes only show up with native ACAD Elec symbols, NOT custom symbols.

Just a guy on a couch...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost