Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 - Storm Sewers - Exceeding Pipe Capacity

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bbissinger
649 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 - Storm Sewers - Exceeding Pipe Capacity

Is it true that there is nothing in the program that tells us if we exceed pipe capacity or surcharge inlets?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Matt.Anderson
in reply to: bbissinger

I would say, no, it's not true.  

The HGL values being drawn above the pipe is a sure sign you have a capacity issue.  When the HGL appears above the RIM elevations (in profile or numerically), that would indicate you have surcharged inlets.

There are a couple other locations that I recall that provide Design Capacity and Actual Flow values, including the reports.

If you are seeking additional visual cues that an inlet is flooded or a pipe is under pressure, check out Autodesk Storm and Sanitary Analysis.

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 3 of 3
bbissinger
in reply to: Matt.Anderson

When you get a chance can you please provide me with the other locations for Design Capacity and Actual Flow Values? I am trying to get a good grasp on this and it seems to be difficult. We have started looking at SSA and are semi overwhelmed by all of the options and feel like there are so many options and we just don't understand how they interact with calculations. We are trying to dig into it though, but I am aware of the capacity feature in SSA.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report