Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my ribbon is 100% gone

29 REPLIES 29
SOLVED
Message 1 of 30
granite07
6506 Views, 29 Replies

my ribbon is 100% gone

I have just installed Civil 3D 2011 x64 from the student download site.

Before this post I have researched and tried the various blog posts concerning missing ribbons.The suggestions have ranged from the simple advice to toggle through the ribbon cycle, to the suggestion that the ribbon file is missing. I have checked the ribbon file (copied and pasted from a working C3D install) and tried the 'ribbon' command. Also, not only is the ribbon gone but the quick access toolbar is also gone. The search and subscription center icons are gone too.

If I use the ribbon command the response is "Unknown command "RIBBON".  Press F1 for help."

the ribbon appears to be set to 0

Tried MENULOAD command - Civil 3D is loaded

your help is appreciated

Forest Peterson, granite@stanford.edu; build-sheet
29 REPLIES 29
Message 21 of 30
granite07
in reply to: granite07

I reformatted my hard drive, and installed the following software:

Server 2008R2 x64

.NET 4.0 installed

DirectX installed

Microsoft Core XML Services (MSXML) 3, 4, and 6 installed

ATI Driver 8.773 installed

Java and Adobe installed

as suggested by posters to this thread I then 1)  turned off the virus scan and 2) used the run as administrator function to install Civil 3D 2012 x64, the ribbon and the search bar are missing.

2012_C3D_missingRibbon.gif 

Message 22 of 30
granite07

this time I opened 2012 C3D as the plain AutoCAD, the ribbon was initially missing but the search bar was there.  Then I changed the workspace to 2D and there was the ribbon. Changed to Civil 3D workspace and the ribbon is there too.

I think this must be a bug...

2012_C3D_Ribbon.gif

Message 23 of 30
Anonymous

I've got the same problem with AutoCAD Arc 2012 but if you changed from 2d to 3d doesn't make any difference, did you do anything else ?

Message 24 of 30
granite07
in reply to: Anonymous

I opened Civil 3D as plain AutoCAD then changed from 3D to 2D and found the ribbon

Message 25 of 30
granite07

Tony, the step-by-step process that has worked several times when the ribbon "disappears"

0) Open Civil 3D model and there is no ribbon

1) close C3D

2) Open in plain AutoCAD the C3D model - the ribbon is there

3) Close AutoCAD

4) Open C3D - no ribbon

5) Change the workspace from 'Civil 3D' to '2D Drafting and Annotation' same as used in plain autoCAD - there is the ribbon

6) Change workspace back to Civil 3D - the Civil 3D ribbon is there - done

Message 26 of 30
Anonymous

Had similar issue today and i thought i would never resolve this issue, but the quick launch worked perfectly.

Great post! Now i can get back to work...

Thanks guys,

HK

Message 27 of 30
Anonymous

I have the same problem occured to me about 3 months ago. It happen after a few famous "fatal error" messages. I somehow get it back by messing around with CUI and User profile .. Dont remember what i did. TODAY, my boss has same problem, and I am trying to figure it out how to get it back for him.

This is NOT a solution for your question, Just a message to let you know that theres a bug, problem with the software. All of your reformat, reinstall, repair, admin right has nothing to fix it .. IT is IN the cui and User profile. Dig and you find .. i am digging as we speak .. lets see who reach the answer first 

Let me know hows the digging goes 

Gluck

Message 28 of 30
granite07

I installed Civil 3D 2013 aka C3D 2013 and... 'ftw, where is my ribbon again'

went through the process: open file in plain ACAD, save, open in C3D - no ribbon, change to 2D workspace - ribbon, change to C3D workspace - ribbon, done.

Message 29 of 30
parigo

type "ribbon"

Message 30 of 30
TMauckSHLT4
in reply to: parigo

Thank you, everywhere else had me changing Profiles, loading CUIX's, break out my old coding books, and it was as simple as typing "ribbon" kudos sir!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report