AutoCAD Civil 3D General

Message 1 of 3 (1,188 Views)

jumpy cursor

1188 Views, 2 Replies
09-29-2011 07:18 AM

I have a 660 Kb drawing that has an xref that is 2.5 MB(the original dwg file). Whenever I enter or pick a command, my cursor becomes uncontrollably jumpy. If I move my mouse, the cursor jumps to another location making it hard to pick an object. I am running 2012 on Windows 7 with quad processors and 8G of RAM. I also monitored the processors and if I just enter this drawing and do nothing, one of my processors spikes. All of this only happens in this drawing. (It has happened before but we never investigated it) If I close and reopen the drawing it will work fine for a while but then starts this again. And if I switch to another drawing, this does not happen. Any suggestions?

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 3 (1,187 Views)

Betreff: jumpy cursor

09-29-2011 07:22 AM in reply to: pmlong

Hi,

look to >>>this<<< thread

HTH, - alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Valued Contributor
Message 3 of 3 (1,167 Views)

Re: jumpy cursor

09-29-2011 09:47 AM in reply to: pmlong

Another thing worth trying is applying the AutoCAD 2012 Performance Slowdown Hotfix.

AutoCAD 2012 Performance Slowdown Hotfix (32/64 bit)

Michael Merlino
Civil Engineering Technician / "CAD Manager"
SAN JOSE, CA, USA

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs