Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume and Grading Calculations - HELP

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
SSAuburn
1041 Views, 3 Replies

Volume and Grading Calculations - HELP

I'm working on a project for work in which we are constucting a berm.  Material is going to be hauled off and placed in area during construction.  I am trying to establish the area for 1,000,000 cubic meters of material to be placed.  I have a base surface (existing elevations) and a few feature lines created.  I need to fill the berm up to 10m and then place the remaining material up to 15 cubic meters and then sloped off to 10m.  Can anyone tell me what grading/volume options and figure lines I need to use?  Or a link to figure this out.   I was able to calculate the volume for filling it up to 10m, but can't seem to create a surface. 

Any help is appreciated!! Thanks!!

Stephanie

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tcorey
in reply to: SSAuburn

You need to draw us a picture so we understand what you're asking...

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 4
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: tcorey

I'll saySmiley Very Happy I couldn't get past the first 10 meters.

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
jmayo-EE
in reply to: SSAuburn

I would probably build a simple corridor and corridor surface using a linkWidthAndSlope and a daylight sub to build the berm. Make an alignment an profile along one of the bottom paths. LinkWidthandSlope to get the 10 m height and daylight back to eg. 

You can also use the feature lines by creating a stepped offset to get the berm ridge 10m up. Add the two bottom and one (or more) top feature line to a new surface as breaklines.

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report