Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Contour Label Group, Masking Setting

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
rkmcswain
5785 Views, 5 Replies

Surface Contour Label Group, Masking Setting

Got an existing drawing with a surface displayed as contours with labels. This drawing is xrefed into another where portions of the surface are covered with a solid hatch.  The contour labels are masked, but the masking wipes out the solid hatch in addition to the contour line.

Back in the surface drawing, under the propertys of an individual contour label string, there is one labeled "Masking" and the two choices are "From Label Style" and "Contour Line Only". The latter is the desired setting to keep the masking from wiping out the solid hatch in the xref.

So the question is, how can the "Contour Line Only" setting be set as a default when creating contour line labels, since it's not a property of the contour label style itself.

masking66.png

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
KMercier_C3D
in reply to: rkmcswain

Toolspace Settings->Rightclick Surface->Edit Feature Settings->Contour Labeling Defaults->Label Mask Type

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 3 of 6
BrianHailey

Be careful with this setting. If you have a lot of contour labels in your drawing, regens can take forever. My recommendation, leave it turned off in the majority of your drawings (i.e. modeling drawings) and only turn it on in your production drawings. Add to that you may want to leave it turned off until you are almost ready to submit.

Your milage may very though.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 4 of 6
rkmcswain

That was fast. Thanks both!

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 5 of 6
jdw44

That helped me on my contour labels. Using this information I wanted to set the following

PROFILE / LABEL STYLES / LINE / style name "ROAD A" as current default but I did'nt see a option

to do that from PROFILE "Edit feature settings"  Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for your help

John Wilson

Message 6 of 6
Jeff_M
in reply to: jdw44

@jdw44 wrote:

That helped me on my contour labels. Using this information I wanted to set the following

PROFILE / LABEL STYLES / LINE / style name "ROAD A" as current default but I did'nt see a option

to do that from PROFILE "Edit feature settings"  Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for your help

John Wilson

You really should ask new questions in a new post. 

"Default" profile labels are those used in the ProfileLabelSet that you have set in the Feature Settings/

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report