Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putting Alignment Labels in Paper Space (layout)

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
dwcouch123
1529 Views, 9 Replies

Putting Alignment Labels in Paper Space (layout)

I have a number of problems with alignment labels showing up in layouts that I don't want to show or want to show up differently,.  Is there any way to label an alignment in paper space (layout)?  (or any other type of label).

Dave

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Jay_B
in reply to: dwcouch123

As far as labeling in paper space, only way I can think of would be to explode the alignment labels to cad primitives and use Changespace command to move from model to paper. Not an ideal and non-dynamic workaround.

Are these by chance data referenced or is the source in model view?

If yes then you can actually do a lot of display manipulation by clicking into VP
And holding down ctrl key_select a sta label etc._rt click_label properties_visible_false (As with most c3d labels).

Or do the above & simply hit delete key. (The alignment label set can be reimported if need be)
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 10
Joe-Bouza

If your issues is on in one vp and off in another, you should look into the style being used; you can set the style so the labels are on a lyer you can freeze in one vp and display in another with vplayer

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 4 of 10

We do a similar thing to what Joe sugested but use the Object Layers setting and Immediate and independent layer on/off control of display components and have the alignment labels in a seperate layer/s from the alignment layers.

If we need labels to show at different offsets for different scales, we just add additional labels to the alignment and then move them to seperate layers. This allows us to have a set of alignment labels at 5mm offset from the alignment in one viewport and another set of labels at 70mm offset from the alignment in an another viewport.

You can also vary the start and end stations for you labels and have the label change style midway down an alignment.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 5 of 10
yosephk

I always wanted to label alignmenst in paper space. Fields work in paper space fine not alignment labels. Did you have any solutions for it? My alignmrnts are in model space either as data shortcut or xrefed.

Windows 10 Pro x 64
16 GB Ram
Intel Xeon E3-1220 V2 @ 3.1 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 600
Civil 3D 2019
Message 6 of 10
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: yosephk

That is not going to happen without 3rd party programming. With the flexibility in label styles you should be able to get the look you need.
Between vport clipping, styles and vplayer, and PP vframe masking. I remember LDT sheet manager did that but this isn;t LDT anymore
Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 7 of 10
yosephk
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Do you know what that 3rd party program is? It is almost a standard practice now labeling everything in paper space. I wish Autodesk could do something about it. Thanks, Yoseph
Windows 10 Pro x 64
16 GB Ram
Intel Xeon E3-1220 V2 @ 3.1 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 600
Civil 3D 2019
Message 8 of 10
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: yosephk

No I don't, but you can ask around the customization forum I'm sure you find someone there that would be happy to help.

PS annotation has its place, but civil3d model data does not get placed there. The operative word being Model like in space.

You can find a good debate here over PS vs MS. You just have to poke the bear enough. Good luck
Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 9 of 10
berwin.brezina
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I thought land development had labels in Paper space. I have not worked in Civil since 2001 and Now I find my self back in. scaling text and  dimensions is a pain in the butt. and usually the first thing I find wrong. I have not dealt with this since 1996. All other ACAD based products I have worked with labeling and dimensions are in Paper space (layouts) since ACAD12 Not ACAD 2012 but ACAD12. It is very hard to go back to the fat crayons. And I can tell that I am not alone. 

Message 10 of 10
Neilw_05

No solution that puts the labels in Paper Space will be dynamic (unless someone has a custom tool that will keep it synched to changes). That said, explode the label set and use Change Space to move it to PS.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report