Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem pasting two surfaces (Concrete to Parking Lot)

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
morgeny
294 Views, 2 Replies

Problem pasting two surfaces (Concrete to Parking Lot)

Hello,

I created two surfaces, one is a parking lot, another is a small piece of concrete step along the north edge of the parking lot.

The concrete step is 0.14m higher than the edge of parking lot. When I tried pasting the two surfaces together, the rise of step

disappeared and the two surfaces were smoothed along the line they touched each other.

How can I keep the step when pasting the two surfaces?

Thanks,

Xiangyu

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
neilyj666
in reply to: morgeny

Make sure that there is a gap along the common edge of the surfaces; a vertical drop is not permitted under triangulation rules.

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 3 of 3
morgeny
in reply to: neilyj666

Thank You!

I moved the boundary of parking lot away from the common edge a little bit, and the contours of the paste surface look right.

However, when I checked the profile, the paste surface still shows some small difference from the two separate surfaces.

1. Paste parking lot first, then concrete step: the elevation of parking lot close to the common edge was raised a little bit in comparison with the original parking lot surface.

2. Paste concrete step first, then parking lot: the elevation of concrete step close to the common edge was lowered a little bit in comparison with the

original concrete step surface.

Why the two surfaces seems to interact with each other when pasting together? Is there any way to solve the problem?

Thanks,

Xiangyu

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report