Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening drawing in Civil 3D 2013 and drawing view changes

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
srolwes
1161 Views, 7 Replies

Opening drawing in Civil 3D 2013 and drawing view changes

Recently upgraded to Civil 3D 2013 and drawings opened up fine.  Now today any drawing that opens shows the plan view as last saved but then after loading takes the drawing and shifts it into a 3d view similar to a crossection.  Is there a setting somewhere that has been changed?  I noticed after a windows 7 update was preformed.  Thanks.

dwg ucs opening

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
witzel
in reply to: srolwes

I think it is a known bug.

You can add "plan" to your acaddoc.lsp.  But that isn't always the desired result.  We did add the plan button to the Quick Access Toolbar.

In my opinion this has been the buggiest release in a long time, yet still no service pack.

Hope that helps,

Conan Witzel

Message 3 of 8
srolwes

Seems to happen when switching from paper space to model space.

Message 4 of 8
Matt_Haokip

Hi Steve,

I belive the issue you reported have been fixed with the recent release of Civil 3D 2013 SP1. Please download the SP from the following link and let us know the outcome: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=20980082&linkID=9240698

Thanks,

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Matt Haokip
Message 5 of 8
srolwes

Service Pack 1 has fixed the issue.  Thanks.

Message 6 of 8
idigg-be

i installed 2013 less than a week ago(i assume it has this service pack), and it is still doing what is described above.  both when entering autocad and when going from a layout to a model tab.  i also noticed it resets ucsfollow to 1. 

super annoying.

Message 7 of 8
Jeff_M
in reply to: idigg-be

@idigg-be wrote:

(i assume it has this service pack)

Don't assume anything. If you know you told the installer to also install the Service Pack then it was installed. However, the SP was just released a week ago so there's a high probability it wasn't even available when you installed. Check the About screen to be sure:

12-8-2012 4-21-21 PM.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 8 of 8
idigg-be
in reply to: Jeff_M

wow.  i assumed it had been out for a bit.  i dont have it.  thats annoying.  should have waited 3 days to install it.

thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report