Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object Properties Window Hidden

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jmellett
5906 Views, 5 Replies

Object Properties Window Hidden

We run 2012 Civil 3D.  We recently loaded an application which provides tabs of mutiple open drawings at the top of the page so you can easily switch between drawings. 

I typically dock my Object Properties Window on the left side of my window.  Once we added the application, I can no longer access my Object Properties window.  It is slightly visible within the window where the drawing tabs are.  However, it is only 2 -3 lines of the window. 

I cannot drag the properties window to another location.

I tried removing the application for the drawing tabs.  However, then I cannot access the properties window at all.  It says it opens and closes but it is hidden. 

Any ideas??

It is a hard thing to expain.  I hope I did it justice.  I attached a screen shot to try to show the problem.  The properties window can be seen in the top left corner.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
gjrcmb
in reply to: jmellett

Just guessing at possible solutions!!

It does not appear that the Properties palette is locked in position, because in your screen shot I see the Toolbars/Window Positions is Unlocked (Lock Symbol icon or LOCKUI system variable) on the lower right side on your Status Bar.  

Are you able to right click on Properties palette and select Close, and then reopen the Properties window?  Does hitting Ctrl+Shift+H twice to HidePalettes and then ShowPalettes do anything?

Message 3 of 6
jmellett
in reply to: gjrcmb

Correct...it is not locked.

I can right click and close it.  However, when I reopen it..I have the same problem.  I cannot drag it to move it.

Ctrl+Shift+H cleans the screen..for lack of a better explanation.   Same problem when I hit it again.

Message 4 of 6
corcad

When you right click on the palette are you able to use the move command. If you can, then use your arrow keys to move it back into view.

Matthew Corbin

Message 5 of 6
gjrcmb

Try opening up the Customize User Interface (CUI command), select your Workspace on the upper left, expand the Palettes node under Workspace Contents on the upper right, then select the Properties palette.  Still in the CUI with the Properties palette selected, under Properties on the lower right change the Allow Docking to "No", or change other settings to see if that corrects the situation (see attached image).

This is based on another posting I found:

Missing Properties Palatte
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=94121

If still no resolution, you may want to consider running a repair on AutoCAD or reinstalling if the problem still is not resolved, unless someone else has an idea.

Message 6 of 6
jmellett
in reply to: gjrcmb

Thank you for your input.  I did not try the last post.

We decided to run a repair on AutoCAD.  Wasting too much time!!!

The repair fixed the problem.

Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report