Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help! Sheet Set Manager Freezes

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
EJMartinez
3331 Views, 5 Replies

Need Help! Sheet Set Manager Freezes

Hello,

Today, while opening my drawings, Civil 3d 2012 would freeze on me. I just get the blue cirlce of death. I could not access any of my drawings. So i had to take the backup drawing and open that one. I then made edits to that drawing. when it came to opening the sheet set manager to plot the whole set, autoCAD civil 3d 2012 just freezes. I tried waiting for it but its been an hour now with the same blue circle of death.  I figured that my drawings from yesterday had the sheet set manager open when i saved them. same applies to many other drawings. This is my first time experienceing this. Any ideas or suggestions would be great.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: EJMartinez

your drawings are probably fine. you can turn off SSM byt setting SSMAUTOOPEN = 0, this will get you going.

If you are on a busy network, and or your SS is big, and you have a lot of SSM users the network can get bogged down because by default SSM pings the server every 60 seconds to see if any fields need updating. multiply that time by users, and sheets and the pipe fills up pretty quick.

you can play with  the SSM system variables to help you could up the poltime to 600, that helps or

SSMSHEETSTATUS = 2 , SSMPOLTIME = 600, WORKS FOR ME.

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 3 of 6
EJMartinez
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I set my SSMAUTOOPEN to 0 and I can now open my drawings. Thanks. only problem I have is that I want to open the sheet set manager so that I can plot a set of drawings using the sheet set manager. but when I click on it, it freezes. I am the only user on this network that uses the sheet set manager. I tried the POLTIME but no luck.
Message 4 of 6
Joe-Bouza

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Improvi...

Note FIELDEVAL by default = 31; that means any field in your SS refresh for alomst every command - set it to a lower number and work you way up

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2010/ENU/AutoCAD%202010%20User%20Documentation/index.html?url=WS1a91938...

I'm going with turning windows off-line files off

SSMSHEETSTATUS =2  if you are Bold try = 0 ; refresh manually

SSMPOLLTIME = 600

FIELDEVAL = 5

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 5 of 6
Jeff_M

Ihad this same issue with SSM a while back, also in C3D2012. The only thing I found to get back working was to do a repair install of C3D (it may have been a reinstall, but I'm 80% sure it was just a repair). I thought I had posted about it here but a quick search didn't turn it up.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 6
EJMartinez
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks Jeff. I had to do this the other day. I had tried a Repair but the problem still occurred. So I then done a Reinstall and now it all works well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report