Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More selectivity in choosing objects to project to multiple section views

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ltmullen
189 Views, 1 Reply

More selectivity in choosing objects to project to multiple section views

I have a few particular feature lines which I'd like to project to all of the section views in a section view group. When I choose the "Project Objects to Multiple Section Views" command, I am only allowed to select types of objects I would like to project and can filter only by position (distance/percentage).

It'd be really nice to be able to filter objects by layer or something like that, because if I don't want to project all of the feature lines that fall into the the spatial criteria I give, I then have to go into each section view and manually deselect the unwanted ones from the Projections list. This seems to defeat the purpose of having a "Project Objects to Multiple Section Views" command in many situations.

Is there anything I'm missing here in terms of being able to further filter the selection of objects to project that would make my life easier?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ksorsby
in reply to: ltmullen

No, you're not missing anything, I have the same thing. If you want to project a single feature line onto multiple views, you have to repeatedly select and project it to a single view. The multiple project is useless unless you want everything in your model shown in every section.
It's madness.

Kevin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report