AutoCAD Civil 3D General

*Expert Elite*
Message 21 of 96 (583 Views)

Re: Migration to Infrastructure Design Suite

04-19-2013 09:39 AM in reply to: terryl
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Autodesk-Building-Design-Suite-Premium/m-p/3876153#U3...

Credit where credit is due! Give kudos or accept as solution whenever you can.

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 22 of 96 (563 Views)

04-19-2013 01:29 PM in reply to: terryl

terryl wrote:

I see the Building Design Suite is also in my download area, anyone know if i need to download this too.

This definitely isn't by design and we're working on getting it cleared up ASAP. My apologies for the inconvenience and please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Philip Schmelzer
Message 23 of 96 (510 Views)

04-22-2013 08:16 AM in reply to: terryl

I'm worried too that I will miss the opt-out time frame.  from my subscription center I see I can download 2014 LT, Cad, and the new design suite, but not Civil 3D which I want to keep and not upgrade.  I've had emails on the first 2 products but not Civil 3D.  wonder what the opt-out window timeframe is....

*Expert Elite*
AllenJessup
Message 24 of 96 (501 Views)

04-22-2013 08:28 AM in reply to: HofflandCynthia5930

I've been told that the Opt-out by date is about mid-January 2014 if your Subscription doesn't expire before then. You should contact your reseller to discuss how this affects you. As I've posted, since we have Raster Design we will save money by upgrading. The difference in Subscription cost is only  about $55 per seat.

Again. Please reach out to your reseller. They are the ones who should be able to lay out how this will specifically affect you.

Allen Jessup

Distinguished Contributor
Message 25 of 96 (458 Views)

04-23-2013 07:20 AM in reply to: AllenJessup

Don't mean to hijack this thread but I figured one of you would know the answer to this question: After installing IDS 2014 and requesting the new license file, I am only able to run 2014 and c3d 2013. Did autodesk change their policy in regards to allowing 3 previous versions? Or will I have to combine my old license file with the new one, similar to what we had to do for raster design & c3d in the past. I just find it strange that c3d 2013 is the only previous version that works with the new license.

Infrastructure Design Suite 2014
Civil 3D 2013 sp2
Windows 7 x 64, 16 GB
Intel Xeon @ 2.80 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Mentor
Message 26 of 96 (446 Views)

04-23-2013 08:25 AM in reply to: n2itive

I assume that it is doing that since the design suites did not exist prior to 2013.  I was told by my reseller that we can combine license files. However, they did not mention that we could combine our 2014 IDS license with prior Civil 3D licenses.  Clarification on that would be appreciated.

David Zavislan, P.E. | CAD Manager / Associate | NV5 | www.nv5.com
*Expert Elite*
dgorsman
Message 27 of 96 (442 Views)

04-23-2013 08:29 AM in reply to: n2itive

Technically correct, I think, but there should probably be a better explanation.  They support up to 3 versions back for the *suite*, not the core product.  So if you had a dedicated Civil3D 2014 license, you could run Civil3D 2012.  If you upgrade from the core product to the suite, I don't think you would be allowed to combine the "old" licenses since they are technically replaced by the suite licenses (kind of like taking your old 2011 licenses and appending them to your 2012 license file to double your license count).  There may be a legitimate work-around for that if they recognize the problem - sign in to subscription, request licensing support and explain your situation.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
Adopt. Adapt. Overcome. Or be overcome.
A good question will be halfway to a good answer.

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 28 of 96 (417 Views)

04-23-2013 10:48 AM in reply to: dgorsman

I should be able to shed some light on the issue of upgraded products vs. previous versions.

Once your license has been upgraded to a different product line (in this case Civil 3D -> Infrastructure Design Suite) all previous licenses are no longer valid. If one has a standalone license and needs access to previous versions, they would need to submit a Previous Version Request in the Subscription Center.

Network licenses are different in that as long as they are attached to a Subscription, they will automatically generate a package license file, containing the supported previous versions, meaning that the software would also have to be deployed / installed as a suite on the users machine.

Philip Schmelzer
*Expert Elite*
AllenJessup
Message 29 of 96 (411 Views)

04-23-2013 11:00 AM in reply to: philip.s

Lets see if I'm reading this right. If I am on Subscription, have a network license and want to install Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2014 but also be able to run C3D 2012. I'd have to download and install Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012. The network license will have package information.

Allen Jessup

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 30 of 96 (398 Views)

04-23-2013 11:37 AM in reply to: AllenJessup

Correct! The exception here is for 2011 components which can be installed separately as the 1st IDS release was 2012.

A simply way to verify package license file components and the corresponding / required previous version installations is to open the license file in the Autodesk License Parser.

*Edit - The cascade sequence should allow for previous Civil 3D installs to work as expected. Even though you're now on a Suite, the NLM no longer cares as it simply will hand out a seat to whatever product launches.

IDSP2014.png

Philip Schmelzer

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs