Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost LD commands?

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
deltacoolguy
852 Views, 21 Replies

Lost LD commands?

I know I'm supposed to forget everything I knew about Land Desktop.  But...

...there are two functions that I would think are still there, but I cannot find them or remember their names.

1) One was a scale/rotate command that scales and rotated blocks.  You could pick multiple blocks and scale and rotate them together, only centered around each individual insertion point.  It was in the same menu as the Flatten function, if I remember correctly

2)  I used to routinely use a list command that would give a simple bearing/distance line information or curve information.  It was not the common LIST command, it was something specific to LD, if I remember correctly.

Can anyone help me?

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
Jeff_M
in reply to: deltacoolguy

For 2. try CGLIST

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 22
mathewkol

For 1 you can select the blocks you want and change values in the properties palette.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 4 of 22
MarySeufert

For 1, you are describing Express Tool commands. If I remember correctly you are looking for TORIENT or MOCORO.

~ Mary

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous

As far the scale/rotate command I would search in the lisp forum to see if there was a lisp program all ready written or maybe someone there could right one for you.

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Should have added this to previous post, I got used to using Match Properties for adjustments to entities like Blocks, Mtext and Text.  I just fix one and then use the command.  You still have to pick the items if using a lisp so to me it's a wash either way.

Message 7 of 22
AllenJessup
in reply to: mathewkol

@mathewkol wrote:
For 1 you can select the blocks you want and change values in the properties palette.

That's probably the easiest. You can use Select Similar or Quick Select to pick the blocks then change the rotation.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: AllenJessup

Yeah, but the beauty of the Rescale/Text command was that you could pick Text and multiple Block Entities in case you started off with a bad drawing scale.  But I guess you could also use the "Append to Current Selection Set" in Quick Select Also.

Message 9 of 22
AllenJessup
in reply to: Anonymous

Or use the Filter command. That way you can specify the text height; style and rotation plus the block name and rotation. If you need to make the same selection multiple times. You can save the Filter.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 10 of 22
Anonymous

Yup, another good option.

Message 11 of 22
JeffPaulsen

deltacoolguy

What is the actual command / menu selection in LDT?

I recall a command in Softdesk, I think it was called rescale, that I could not find in the later releases of LDT. I liked that command because it would rotate and/or scale the objects in relation to it's current rotation / scale. That's something you cannot do using the properties palette. 

Jeff Paulsen
Civil 3D 2020.4 | Win 10 Pro N 64-bit
Xeon W-2223 @ 3.60GHz, 32GB Ram | NVidia Quadro P2200
Message 12 of 22
AllenJessup
in reply to: JeffPaulsen

I believe it was Utilities > Blocks > Rescale Block/Text

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 13 of 22
deltacoolguy

Yes, it was "Rescale Blocks/Text", but I cannot find it in Civil 3D.

The CUI menu command in LD 2006 was...

<MenuMacro UID="AECC_UtlEdtRsc">
        <Macro type="Any">
          <Revision MajorVersion="16" MinorVersion="2" UserVersion="1" />
          <Name xlate="true" UID="XLS_0888">Rescale Blocks/Text</Name>
          <Command>^c^c^c^p(cr_mnl)(zz_sdsk '(load2 "CG" "newscal2"));LDD </Command>
          <HelpString xlate="true" UID="XLS_1994">Makes blocks and text in your drawing larger or smaller.</HelpString>
          <SmallImage Name="utedrbt" />
          <LargeImage Name="utedrbt2" />
        </Macro>
      </MenuMacro>

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
Message 14 of 22
Sinc

Yes, "Rescale Blocks/Text" did not make it into C3D.

I've had it as an item to add to the Sincpac-C3D for some time now, but so far, haven't found a situation where I wanted it enough.  Usually, I've found ways of using complex selection techniques + the Properties palette to basically do the same thing.  It may take quite a few more steps, but not all that much more time than "Rescale Blocks/Text".  I might have just gotten lucky so far, though...

Sinc
Message 15 of 22
AllenJessup

There are quite a few command that didn't make it into C3D. There are ways to accomplish the same things with standard AutoCAD commands. If you do this a lot you could make a macro or lisp. If you're up on lisp look at the newscal2.lsp file. You might be able to get a start from there.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 16 of 22
deltacoolguy

I never was very proficient in LISP, and it's been over 10 years since I even tried, but I might give it a shot for this.

Thanks to everybody for their responses.

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
Message 17 of 22
Anonymous

See message 5 to save you some typing, headaches and such before you embark on this task.

Message 18 of 22
deltacoolguy
in reply to: Sinc

@Sinc wrote:

Yes, "Rescale Blocks/Text" did not make it into C3D.

I've had it as an item to add to the Sincpac-C3D for some time now, but so far, haven't found a situation where I wanted it enough.  Usually, I've found ways of using complex selection techniques + the Properties palette to basically do the same thing.  It may take quite a few more steps, but not all that much more time than "Rescale Blocks/Text".  I might have just gotten lucky so far, though...

I've been doing the same thing since I first started this thread... and I still miss "Rescale Blocks/Text".

"Select Similar" + "Properties" helps, and is somewhat close, but for me at least it just isn't as efficient.  I had the whole keystroke thing down almost to a science and even manipulating a single block was much quicker than any other method for some actions.  And I used it enough to make a difference.

I did finally post something in the LISP forum, though.  We'll see what happens.

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
Message 19 of 22
Maine-iac

The other option for listing line and arc info, if your preference is picking icons than typing CGLIST, is to go to Analyze tab on command ribbon, look for the "Inquiry" grouping of icons, in 2011 there is a small icon within the group of 12 that looks like an arc with 3 dots and a small ruler, it is "Line and Arc Information", it does same as CGLIST. If you are a surveyor this icon would be better if moved or copied to your Home tab or put on the Quick access toolbar for routine use.

Civil 3D 2022.1
Windows 10 x64
HP ZBook 15 G5
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.60GHz
32 GB RAM
Message 20 of 22
shunter62

Here is an old Cadalyst Tip: Blkmod.lsp, written by Greg Glande. It still works. It allows you to pick a block, then all instances of that block may either be scaled or rotated around each insertion point. Maybe this will work for you.

Regards,

Susan H

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report