Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Figure Line and Feature Line Styles

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tshulbert
549 Views, 3 Replies

Figure Line and Feature Line Styles

Why are figure line styles and feature line styles not shared, or a parent / child relationship?  Also, should match properties change the style of a feature line to appear to be the same style as the figure line?  The style only exists in as a figure line style. 

If we offset a Figure line (feature line stepped offset) we get feature line, then we match properties to a figure line that has the correct style.  The prospector says the Feature line has the style of the figure line; however, if we edit the feature line properties the style is set to none.

Sean Hulbert
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
SethHall
in reply to: tshulbert

Hi Sean-

Not sure I completely understand what you desire for your end result, but why not just create a figure from object after offsetting that original figure? 

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 4
jefflambert9091
in reply to: tshulbert

Believe it or not I understand what you’re saying. Once I figured all that out, it was enough for me to stay away from Survey figure lines. They are great for bringing in your line work and getting a surface, but after that, we get rid of them. We create and use feature lines if need be to supplement a surface, never figure lines.

Jeff
Civil 3D 2024
Message 4 of 4
tshulbert
in reply to: SethHall

Seth,

To the best of my knowledge, Survey Figure lines are just enhanced feature lines.  We were hoping the styles could be used interchangably.  The surveyors like using the figures, they just didn't the extra steps....

I try to remind them how much fun 3dPolylines were in R14 and S8 🙂

Sean Hulbert

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report