Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing a Proposed Profile

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
JBR-1
407 Views, 5 Replies

Drawing a Proposed Profile

I have  alignment with a EG profile, I also have a assembly for that alignment how do I sync both to make sure my assembly is following my proposed profile.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jay_B
in reply to: JBR-1

In your "Corridor Properties" you'll specify the baseline (alignment),  profile (proposed profile) and your assemblies will be applied using corridor regions. Targets must be set to your existing ground surface for the Daylight subassemblies.

The sync then becomes "rebuild corridor".

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 6
w_davis
in reply to: JBR-1

This is the second prompt when creating a corridor that has to do with profiles on an alignment.

I have included a screenshot in a word document..

Message 4 of 6
sboon
in reply to: w_davis

If you're only seeing one profile in the dropdown then that's the only profile attached to that alignment.  Check the alignment in the Toolspace and expand it to see all of the profiles.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 5 of 6
Jay_B
in reply to: sboon

The Original Poster sent me a PM and I provided them with necessary info pertaining to creating an FG profile.

How to go about creating the FG is where they are at.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 6 of 6
w_davis
in reply to: Jay_B

Profile Creation tools>Use tangents to draw on your current profile and then insert curves that meet your design criteria and then that proposed vertical curve will be a profile that you can choose to lay your corridor on.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report