Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Designing access roads

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
CivilDavid
542 Views, 10 Replies

Designing access roads

Hey folks, we had an employee really leave us hanging.  Spent weeks playing videos game on his computer instead of working, no were behind huge on a deadline.  I'm not looking for entire step by step process.  But maybe some help with where I can find the information.  I am not impressed with the 2012 help menu at all.

Using Civil3D 2012.  Designing access roads.

We have sites setup with corridors and alignments.  Is it possible to create a surface based on a alignment and corridor?

I may have other questions, but this is it for now.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
gjrcmb
in reply to: CivilDavid

For starters, if you already have a corridor defined, see the following tutorial for guidelines:

Tutorial: Viewing and Rendering a Corridor

Message 3 of 11
Badazzguy
in reply to: gjrcmb

Note: FIRST POST EVER.

I thought that it was HILARIOUS to see yet another project manager sooooo disconnected from the project that they didn't bother checking in on the progress of the job for weeks. I truly do hope that you figure it out and hit your deadline but moreover, I hope that you learn from this experience.

Message 4 of 11
AllenJessup

From FDOT Creating and Editing Corridor Surfaces.

From 2010 help Creating and Editing Corridor Surfaces.

Allen 

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 11
CivilDavid
in reply to: Badazzguy

well for starters, terrific first post.  You sure seem to know everything.  I am just an employee in the office and was seeing if I could help out.  He was the project manager.  The president of the office is in the office once a week, all other time is spent with clients and marketing.  The employee that was working on this has been working on this project for 4+ years and has met every deadline so far.  The employee was also good at blowing smoke and leading people on that progress was coming along nicely.  There was no reason to think that he was not working on this project.

Thanks for your insight though.

Thanks to everyone else that offered up the helpful links.

Message 6 of 11
Badazzguy

Thanks! You are such a nice person for helping out like that. I wish there was something I could do to help you out. And I meant it when I said that I hope you hit your deadline and that you learn from this experience!

Message 7 of 11
jmiller45

Hi Civil David. I have some few time to help you out at no charge. If you send me what ever information you have I can create the Haul Road for.

Jarvis Miller

jarmil2@yahoo.com

Message 8 of 11
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Badazzguy

You sure about that? says 2 under your nameSmiley Wink

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 11
Badazzguy
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I bet it says 3 now. HA!

Message 10 of 11
jmiller45
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

2 under your name...lol,

Yes my offer stands. As long as the deadline is not tomorrow of course.

Message 11 of 11
CivilDavid
in reply to: jmiller45

I truly appreciate the offer.  Very kind of you.  The head Boss and someone else have got this taken care of.  We were trying to figure out if we would be able to pick up where he left off and still please the client in a timely manner.

I really really appreaciate all the help I get from here.  Thanks everybody.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report