Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3d hangs on startup when loading autocad civil3d ncs.dwt

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
golfdesigner1313
5652 Views, 15 Replies

Civil 3d hangs on startup when loading autocad civil3d ncs.dwt

I am running Civil 3d 2012 on Windows 7 32bit machine. Civil 3d crashed with error message not enough memory. I restarted machine, cold boot, now when i launch Civil 3D it gets to opening drawing c:\users\smh\appdata\local\autodesk\c3d2012\enu\template\_autocad civil 3d (imperial) ncs.dwt. and just hangs with the scoll bar periodically scrolling across the lower right hand corner.

This is really frustrating. Any suggestions.

Tags (2)
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

start with clearing out your temporary file directory - use windows explorer and "%temp%" (no quotes) as a shortcut to your user temp files.  select all and delete.

Message 3 of 16

check and see if you have your printers. if not restart the print spooled service this is an anoying problem. mostly with HP universal drivers and Adobe products.

-Sean
------------------------------------------------------------------
Just a CAD Manager for a Civil Engineering firm...
Message 4 of 16
hgohel
in reply to: golfdesigner1313

Process Monitor (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645) from Microsoft can be used to help diagnose what is going on with Civil 3D during launch.

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 16

tried the temp folder delete, but there are many folders with some old dates, and in one case when i tried to delete it said it's a shared folder and if i delete it it will no longer be shared. I don't know enough about the workings here so i canceled the delete operation. There is an etransmit () dwt that keeps showing up in the temp folder after trying to launch autocad civil 3d. I also have AutoCAD Map 3D 2012 on the same machine and it hangs when trying to load the map2d.dwt template.

Both programs are part of the AutoCAD infrastructure design suite.

Message 6 of 16
golfdesigner1313
in reply to: hgohel

the link is bad, got another one?

Message 7 of 16
golfdesigner1313
in reply to: hgohel

got the link to work, sorry

Message 8 of 16
brown
in reply to: sturner7277

Our office has had the same issue happen off and on.  I have tried every solution and they have worked but temporarily.

Is there a new Service pack coming or does anyone know how to fix this for good???

JB

Message 9 of 16

1. From START>RUN and type REGEDIT

2. In Registry editor, browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R19.0\ACAD B000:409\CadManagerControl\CommunicationCenter

3. Then find EnableCommunicationCenter on the right side, select it and set Value Data to 0 (to disble).

4. Restart Civil 3D

Message 10 of 16
brown

That is done and it hung up this morning for the first time since I made the change...

JB

Message 11 of 16

I know I'm necroing a thread here, but I would've appreciated a solution when I first had this problem. I tried all the solutions in this thread as well as other threads; nothing worked.

The strange thing was that this freeze was happening regardless of the autodesk program I was using. So I tested another user account on my computer and whooila! It worked without a hitch. That got me thinking that it was probably a corrupt windows user profile. So I went through the whole process of backing up the files I need from my user profile (with help from my IT guys), creating a fresh user profile and that fixed it. Not only that, but everything ran much smoother as a whole. Hope this helps the next person who ends up searching for a solution!

Message 12 of 16

It's usually the C:\Users\Christophe\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\C3D 2014\enu\Support\Profiles\FixedProfile.aws file that has started ballooning up in size. Erasing the Windows profile removes the file and then a new file gets created with the new profile so it fixes the issue like you've experienced.

Civil Reminders
http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/
http://www.CivilReminders.com/
Alumni
Message 13 of 16
wfberry

There is nothing in the TEMP folder that you will need.  Delete everything that you can.

Bill

Message 14 of 16

Well, I indirectly deleted that file and reinitiated the secondary installer to refresh my support folder and it did nothing for me. Besides, it was happening globally across all Autodesk programs, so it would take a lot of effort to find that file for every single software not to mention release year. Refreshing the windows profile was easier imo.

Message 15 of 16
aoluis77

This message is just to help anyone out there who has a problem with this same proble. Go to C:\Users\Aswa\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2004\R16.0\enu\Support\Profiles depending on your version of autocad and find any Profile.aws file in that folder or inside other folders

Rename to anything else other than Profile or delete the file.

Launch autocad again, youll notice it creates a new file

And your problem is gone. Thank me laater....

Message 16 of 16
AlbertHammon1711
in reply to: aoluis77

Thank you Luis!!! I had a 65K project due out this morning and this is the first time I experience this particular error.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report