Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D with Trimble Survey Devices

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
joshua
1289 Views, 4 Replies

Civil 3D with Trimble Survey Devices

Hey does anyone work with Trimble devices on Civil 3D?

I'm currently using Trimble Business Center but am looking to upgrade to the more usable Civil 3D.

However I'm not sure that Civil 3D can perform all the same functions with synchronisation to a Trimble SPS900 rover device as well as grader/excavator controllers.

Otherwise is there a good format for transferring points from TBC to Civil? Because I'm yet to find one that works properly.

Business center allows you to create Site's each with a selection of designs and work orders but I haven't seen a similar function yet on Civil.

Any help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ericcollins6932
in reply to: joshua

LandXML out of Civil 3D loads nicely into TBC-HCE.

Eric Collins, P.Tech.(Eng.)

Win 10
Intel i7 9700 @ 3 GHz
16 GB RAM
Civil 3D 2019
Message 3 of 5
tcorey
in reply to: ericcollins6932

Hi Eric,

What process do you use for importing into Civil 3D from Trimble Business Center? Are you creating a Fieldbook file from TBC? Are you using automated linework options?

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 5
_Hathaway

We use civil3d 2012 with our Trimble TSC2s just fine.  You can export almost anything from Civil3d to the TSC2, aligments, surfaces, full road designs, you name it.  Just be sure to DL the trimble link feature from Trimble.

Message 5 of 5
glacoste

you can download a Trimble Link Tab for Civil 3d from Trimble. It seems to be less confusing for some surveyors when you send them ttm files than xml files.

regards,

Gerry

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report