Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D2013 SP1 - Any one taken the plunge??

50 REPLIES 50
Message 1 of 51
neilyj666
1925 Views, 50 Replies

C3D2013 SP1 - Any one taken the plunge??

Anyone been brave enough to install yet?? Any problems/issues??

I'll probably install over the weekend as in the middle of a rush job and can't afford the time if anything goes wrong

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
50 REPLIES 50
Message 2 of 51
dasindog
in reply to: neilyj666

Yes! Installed this morning. Very happy to see the background mask display issue fixed. Hooray developers! So far no issues or stability problems but I haven't tried too hard to find any.

-Dustin
Civil 3D 2013 64 bit SP1
Windows 7 Pro 64
Intel Xeon 2.93GHz
24GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 580
explodetheblock.wordpress.com
Message 3 of 51
rkmcswain
in reply to: dasindog

There is a bug in 2013 where if you try and sort parcels by clicking any header in the toolspace, the parcel listing goes blank.  More details in this thread, as well as a temporary fix/workaound that I came up with.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Toolspace-Item-View-not-working-properly/m-p/3697930#...

SP1 did not address this bug.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 51
neilyj666

Don't know what happened to cause the attached but C3D seems to have updated

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 51
autoMick

It installed fine for me.... major disappointment was that it didn't address the surface 2D elevation transparency issue. I'm told that it will definitely be resolved in 2014 though ! Only 5 or 6 months more to wait now... yay !

Civil3d user in Australia since 2012.
Message 6 of 51
neilyj666
in reply to: autoMick

Thanks for the heads up on the surface transparency bug not being fixed - perhaps in March I'll start a thread with people's thoughts on what will be broken in the 2014 release (as well as how long it'll take to fix) -  DRIVE command in 2012, Surface Transparency in 2013.....

EESignature

Message 7 of 51
bo.martin

It fixed several issues I was having with windows 8. No more crash when doing sections.

At least for today 🙂

And it fixed the point numbering issue!!!!

Message 8 of 51
neilyj666

I tend to find that the updates never seem to address any of the issues that I'm experiencing...so has anyone actually reported any of the issues that this update apparently solves..?

EESignature

Message 9 of 51
Jeff_M

Neil, for future posts, please be sure to include the version in the subject line... C3D SP1 can apply to a number of prior versions, so I can say that yeah, I applied SP1 to C3D2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, & 2012. Smiley Happy

As for the C3D2013 SP1, I just installed it. The first drawing I tested was encouraging....it has a sectionview with pipenetwork parts labeled, which stay labeled (previously the labels were lost). But then reality hit. The same issue I see with SP2.1 for 2012 has crept into 2013's SP1, namely some of the Dref objects do not synchronize at drawing startup and I must now manually issue a Resynchronize command. This same drawing opened correctly, as far as the Drefs are concerned, prior to SP1. I've quit looking for other things because this is a deal killer for me.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 10 of 51
neilyj666

noted...:)

EESignature

Message 11 of 51
rkmcswain

@neilyj666 wrote:
...so has anyone actually reported any of the issues that this update apparently solves..?

Yes. There is a bug that causes the view to twist, flip, and otherwise go haywire when switching from a layout to MS (when MS is non-WCS) --- this seems to have been fixed.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 12 of 51
wfberry

I took the liberty of changing the title (I think if holds on my post, anyway.) 

I noticed that the C3D labels with masks are blacked out on "Viewing" the plot.  However, it appears that it plots OK.  Perhaps I had something turned off before.

Bill

Message 13 of 51
neilyj666
in reply to: rkmcswain

The annoying geographic location bug has also been fixed...

EESignature

Message 14 of 51
dankoss

Did this fix the problem when scaling objects? Half the time when I go to select the base point I get a message about how the scale factor was extremely small and was ignored, without ever getting a chance to actually enter scale factor.

Message 15 of 51
autoMick

@neilyj666 wrote:

The annoying geographic location bug has also been fixed...

Which one was that?

Civil3d user in Australia since 2012.
Message 16 of 51
neilyj666
in reply to: autoMick

Where the geographic location reset itself to something other than 0° (usually around 4°) and the NAVVCUBE was slightly twisted

EESignature

Message 17 of 51
knmdk

So no new features were added? Still no Profile View Band types for Pressure Networks?

No miracle according to Readme. By the way, beware and read the lowest line (in bold red) in the Readme.

Message 18 of 51
neilyj666
in reply to: knmdk

NOTE: You cannot run an automatic uninstall to remove this service pack. To restore your version of AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 to its pre-update state, uninstall AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 and reinstall it.

The line is shown above.....I still find it incredible that AutoDesk are unwilling (or unable) to provide uninstall functionality for service packs etc.

EESignature

Message 19 of 51
dasindog
in reply to: wfberry

That was a documented problem and was corrected in SP1.

-Dustin
Civil 3D 2013 64 bit SP1
Windows 7 Pro 64
Intel Xeon 2.93GHz
24GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 580
explodetheblock.wordpress.com
Message 20 of 51
KW-EGA

I have had Civil 3D 2013 freeze up a couple times today in different drawings. I installed the service pack yesterday, not sure if related.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report