Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Busy Icon Won't Go Away

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
d_reno
1747 Views, 9 Replies

Busy Icon Won't Go Away

C3D 2012, 64bit Win 7 on Dell Precision, everything up to date.

I am having this issue that whenever I do something with C3D intelligent objects, like a corridor or a surface, I get the Windows "working" icon at the center of the cross hairs - as it to be expected. But, after I am out of the command, the working icon continues, and now it is flickering. I tried a screen capture to show a pic, but it won't capture - just the cross hairs show.

Once I get this happening, after grabbing a C3D object, it persists until I close C3D and start a new session. The flickering part of it is quite annoying.

Anyone know how I can get the software to behave normally with regards to the persistent flickering Windows icon on my cross hairs?

David Renaud, RLS
C3D 2012 on 64bit Win 7 all up to date
Dell Precision 7core 8GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800M
LDT/C3D user since release 12
Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
JeffPaulsen
in reply to: d_reno

There are several posts in these forums regarding "flickering hourglass". Try searching the forums (or google) for that phrase.

Jeff Paulsen
Civil 3D 2020.4 | Win 10 Pro N 64-bit
Xeon W-2223 @ 3.60GHz, 32GB Ram | NVidia Quadro P2200
Message 3 of 10
d_reno
in reply to: JeffPaulsen

Thanks, Jeff,

I will do so. Mine is actually the arrow thing chasing itself around in a circle, but maybe the fix is the same.

dr

David Renaud, RLS
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800M
Message 4 of 10
d_reno

3dconfig did nothing for me. the video driver (NVIDIA Quadro FX17800M) is up to date.

great. after Autodesk suggests changing my video card and f*&^ing with the BIOS, Autodesk tells me:

"To both posters on this thread - I do understand your frustration but please understand that this is not a simple problem to resolve by via newsgroup postings. "

so in other words, I can't use this product out of the box without experiencing the flickering icon. Autodesk is lucky I am not epilectic and sue them when I seize and smack my head from using their product.

David Renaud, RLS
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800M
Message 5 of 10
d_reno

Problem solved by removing the network path from the Drawing Template Location folder in OPTIONS and letting the program use the default folder.

Riddle me that.

David Renaud, RLS
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800M
Message 6 of 10
vinceroux

@d_reno wrote:

Problem solved by removing the network path from the Drawing Template Location folder in OPTIONS and letting the program use the default folder.

Riddle me that.

^ THANKS WORKED FOR ME!!! ^

Message 7 of 10
2ncivil

I've been looking and looking for a solution to this, it is annoying! I removed those path's and it stopped. phew, except I'll have to keep the template locally.
Message 8 of 10
GTVic
in reply to: 2ncivil

Slow network paths can cause big problems, e.g. turning a 15 second AutoCAD startup into 20 minutes. AutoCAD likes to scan these folders very often, possibly up to the range of 1000 times per second during complex operations. It would help if AutoCAD was multi-threaded and could make use of all those processor cores we now have.

Message 9 of 10

That worked for me as well....10 years later on Civil 2024...thx
Message 10 of 10

Still working your solution...12 years later...thx

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report