AutoCAD Civil 3D General

Distinguished Contributor
Message 11 of 13 (97 Views)

Re: Assembly Label

12-04-2012 11:52 AM in reply to: engrtech

I would like to see this as well.

Was a better method found for 2012?  2013 or wishlist.

I would also like to be able to see where each assembly is used.  The prospector shows if it is used any way to expand where?

I will have to look to see if you can print corridor properties similar to the very long list that was possible in LDD. (It was an awful format.)

*Expert Elite*
Jeff_M
Message 12 of 13 (92 Views)

12-04-2012 12:40 PM in reply to: annw2

There are some free downloads around with lisp, vba, and dll solutions to aid in adding the Assembly labels. And SIncpacC3D has a builtin command "SPLabelAssembly" to do the same thing, but goes further in in the "SPLabelAssemblySettings" you can opt to have every assembly automatically labeled as it is added to the drawing.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
Valued Contributor
C3D_TomR
Message 13 of 13 (82 Views)

12-04-2012 09:09 PM in reply to: mathewk

The fields update for me if you copy the assembly and mtext object at the same time. Here's a video of the procedure I use. It works in C3D2012 and C3D2013.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTkAE_1BheE

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs