AutoCAD Civil 3D General

*Expert Elite*
Message 1 of 3 (574 Views)
Accepted Solution

2011 Survey Database does not exist and could not be recreated

574 Views, 2 Replies
11-01-2011 03:44 PM

This one got me and took a fair while to figure out, so I thought I'd post about it.

I was attempting to create a new Survey Database, and kept getting an error "The survey database does not exist and could not be recreated", with a message that "Format of the initialization string does not conform to specification starting at index 58."

I finally tracked the problem down to an apostrophe in the name of one of the folders in my Working Folder path.  This was not a problem with C3D 2010 and earlier, but is evidently a problem starting with C3D 2011 (and it may only affect the 64-bit version, I don't have a 32-bit version handy to test).  Renaming the folder, so that there was no longer an apostrophe in the folder name, solved the issue.

bizzare_error.png

Sinc
*Expert Elite*
Message 2 of 3 (573 Views)

Re: 2011 Survey Database does not exist and could not be recreated

11-01-2011 03:45 PM in reply to: Sinc

Posting a reply, just to see if I can flag this thread as "solved"...

Sinc
*Expert Elite*
Message 3 of 3 (565 Views)

Re: 2011 Survey Database does not exist and could not be recreated

11-01-2011 05:30 PM in reply to: Sinc
Nice.
Matt Kolberg
Cansel - Autodesk Division
http://www.cansel.ca/

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs