Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing the XSL report functions: Parcel vertices

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kbarnettza
373 Views, 2 Replies

Editing the XSL report functions: Parcel vertices

Civil 3D 2013.

First prize for me would be to be able to access Parcel boundary vertices via managed dot net.

I could not find the boundary property of the Parcel object.

It looks like developers can access Parcel vertices via COM, in the Loops property of Parcels.

So, it is possible to combine the two to get what I need.

Then I turned to the Report facility. The METESBOUND XSL iterates Parcel segments but provides the distance and bearing instead of the vertices. I was hoping to get to the bottom of the linked code to edit it and produce the vertices output. But - I failed again. Cannot see how the XSL files get to the data needed. 

Is there maybe a book or comprehensive reference on the XSL files that provide the reporting function?

Regards,

Kevin.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
kbarnettza
in reply to: kbarnettza

Oops! something went wrong in communication I missed Jeffs response to my earlier post on Parcels - Thanks Jeff, I will use that code - you're a star!...

I would still like to know how to 'get to grips' with XSL reports ... and edit them ...

Message 3 of 3

The XSL format is based on transformation of data, so here the data is created as a LandXML and transformed using the mentioned XSL file.

If you need any change, you will need to change those files, the W3C is the main resource for it at http://www.w3schools.com/xsl/xsl_languages.asp

Is that what you need?

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report