AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property Set Definition Integer value

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
alekzab
1388 Views, 2 Replies

Property Set Definition Integer value

I am trying to reference my room number to another table in my project. This is to satisfy a project requirements and output to a GIS attribute table.

Originally my room number is "001" and when I reference this field to another table I get "1" and drops the first  two digits. Any ideas? See attachment

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: alekzab

If all your formula property is doing is passing the values of the SpaceObjects:Room_Number property, you have several options:

1.  Why not just use the original property?

Assuming that you have good reason not to use the original property:

2.  If the formula property value still needs to be an integer, but you want the zero padding, apply the same Property Data Format that you use for the SpaceObjects:Room_Number property to the room_id formula property.  You can also create a new Property Data Format or modify the one you are already using for the formula property and change the zero padding to three decimal places.  Zero padding of integers is handled by Property Data Formats.

3.  If the formula property value can be text, you could enclose the property reference in the formula property with double quotation marks:  "[SpaceObjects:Room_Number]".  That should preserve the zero padding, but you will not be able to do math with the results of the formula property.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
alekzab
in reply to: alekzab

Thank you David,

It was necessary to borrow the value (in this case the room value specifically from that table). The issue is, we generated the BIM with 2 number fields. One number is from the construction documents (design drawings) and the other number is taken from the field condition, in this case the actual number on the door.

I tried the quotations and it work just fine. I thank you for your help.

alex

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost