AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-Component Structural Member Design Rules Limit/Cap in Style Manager

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
EROS25
373 Views, 1 Reply

Multi-Component Structural Member Design Rules Limit/Cap in Style Manager

Hey Guys!

Is there a system variable or a registry edit or something that will allow for more than ten (10) Components to be added to the Design for a Multi-Component Structural Member in the Design Rules Tab of the member style?

In the Design Rules Tab of the Structural Member Style in the Style Manager the "Add" button turns off when the Design has reached ten (10) Components.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
David_W_Koch
in reply to: EROS25

Well, so it (the Add button) does.  I thought I had read at one time (this is probably years ago, possibly before Style Manager) that it was possible to add more than ten, the problem with that being that the Display System can only control the display of ten components, so you would not have any display control over components beyond ten.  At the time, I do not recall anyone complaining that they needed more than ten components.

That said, as far as I know, there is no way to increase the number of components in a Structural Member Style over which the Display System can control, so even if you could add more components, the results may not be what you want, anyway.  So unless you are a programming wizard and can create an add-on that would support more than ten components (and which you could distribute to anyone else who needs to see/use those structural members, I believe you will have to work within the ten-component limitation.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost