Did you mean: 

endless panning?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
boo_jroe
744 Views, 6 Replies

endless panning?

My office upgraded from 2010 to 2014. I used to be able to endlessly pan (within the set drawing limits, of course) beyond the edges of my monitor. I could press the middle button and continuously pan my mouse off the edge of my desk if I wanted. In 2014 I can only pan to the edge of my screen and it cuts off (again, this is NOT a drawing limits issue).

I searched all over the internet and I can't find any references to this function or what it would officialy be called. 

Anyone know if I can turn this back on? Is it within AutoCAD? Is there a commandline for it? Has it been removed?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Charles_Shade
in reply to: boo_jroe

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Computer or mouse change with the AutoCAD install?

Message 3 of 7
boo_jroe
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I have the same computer and the same mouse: a logitech gaming mouse I've use the software to program functions into. I just transffered all my old mouse settings from 2010 to 2014.
But even before I upgraded from the stock Dell mouse I was able to endlessly (limitlessly?) pan.
Message 4 of 7
boo_jroe

Turns out it was my Logitech gaming mouse software. I uninstalled it and that fixed the problem.
Now to get both my extra buttons /and/ normal mouse function within AutoCAD...
Message 5 of 7
Charles_Shade

Excellent. I'm glad you found the solution.

MS Mice software have the ability to program functions specifically for a particular software.

Maybe the Logitech has that ability as well?

Message 6 of 7
boo_jroe

Yeah, I created an AutoCAD specific mouse profile within the Logitech software that worked beautifully for 2010. Now that I'm in 2014 the only glitch is this continuous panning is buggy. I reinstalled the software and now it will actually continously pan but only in jerky motions to the top and left direction.

sigh...

I'm sure it's a driver compatibility issue that has little hope of being fixed as this mouse is geared for bro dudes playing Counter Strike, not someone using Autodesk software.

Message 7 of 7
Charles_Shade

The jerky on screen motion is an issue with 2014 that others have had so it may not be your mouse.

There is an extensive discussion about this in the LT Forum and likely some thoughts on it as well in this Forum.

Might be worth your time to search it abit here and see what you find.

This is the duscussion in th LT Forum. There is a solution around post 39:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-LT/AutoCAD-LT-2014/m-p/3821690#U3821690

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost