Did you mean: 

.arg & CUIX Files

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
KenJG
1980 Views, 4 Replies

.arg & CUIX Files

Hello All,

I have a question regarding .arg & CUIX files.

1. Does the .arg file have the settings of the CUIX file? For example if I want to use a .arg file in another machine to use the same settings for both comps, will the setup be exactly the same?

2. Does the CUIX file have the settings of the .arg file ? For example if I want to use a CUIX file in another machine to use the same settings for both comps, will the setup be exactly the same?

I tried to do a copy of the existing CUIX to a NEW file for backup, but it did not copy the settings of the Quick Access Bar & other settings unless I do them individually. For example I modified the "Double Click Action" menu. But when I looked at the existing CUIX file it showed an older date when it was modified.

I'm sure I have not explained myself very clearly so please let me know if more info is needed.

Thanks
KenJG (AutoCad 2014)

Thank You

KenJG
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: KenJG

ARG file contains the settings which point to which CUIx files are used for Main and Enterprise.  It does NOT contain the contents of those files.

CUIx files (Main and Enterprise) do not contain the contents of the ARG file.  They DO contain workspaces, which determine which user interface (UI) elements are shown or not shown, and where.

If you aren't familiar with the Main/Enterprise/partial CUIx configuration, its an important thing to know when configuring AutoCAD.  I recommend http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?18955-Notes-on-the-philosophy-of-CUI over at AUGI as a starting point.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 5
KenJG
in reply to: dgorsman

Hello & Thank you for your reply.  

I will review the suggestion you gave me.

BR

KenJG

Thank You

KenJG
Message 4 of 5
fagestor
in reply to: KenJG

I have the same doubt right now. I think the answer was not completely clear. Autodesk should make only one archive for all configurations (user profile and interface) in AutoCAD. The proceeding for import  should be easier too.

Message 5 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: fagestor

Hi,

>> Autodesk should make only one archive for all

>> configurations (user profile and interface) in AutoCAD

No, I want to change the menu without having the need to reconfigure file paths, paths to plotter files, trusted paths, .... and all that stuff (just because switching from 2D workspace to 3D workspace).

>> The proceeding for import  should be easier too.

What is difficult with that: >>>click<<< (one click to export settings, one click to import settings, that's it).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost