Did you mean: 

Wait to dish out new program

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
bf
Advocate
310 Views, 5 Replies

Wait to dish out new program

I think Autodesk should wait 2 or 3 years to release the next version of C3D.  Seems like so many things could be tweaked to work as they should if it weren't rushed to get out.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: bf

Since that's never going to happen ever again, consider testing any new version internally before distributing to the rest of your office: it's an established method used by all if us seasoned CAD Managers when it comes time to upgrade. We recognize no software is perfect and do our best to help those we support in our offices.
Message 3 of 6
dgorsman
in reply to: pendean

By the time the delayed product is released, there will be a host of other changes that need to be implemented.  Do you really want to wait several years for support for Win 8.1 or its successor?  Plus some parts that don't work properly (yes, it does happen - the more complex the software the more it happens) won't be detected until its in a real-work situation.  Instead of trying to do everything all at once, I think, is close to what they are currently doing: move forward a bit, knock out any immediate problems, then move a bit more from there, and so on.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 6
justshutup
in reply to: bf

Step 1: Buy 51 or more percent of ADSK stock.

Step 2: Run the company the way you want.

Step 3: Put C3D posts in the proper forum.

Message 5 of 6
bf
Advocate
in reply to: justshutup

y'all should check out a post about wishes for 2015, today I think, and there's plenty of frustration there, plus with most drafters I know.
Message 6 of 6
bf
Advocate
in reply to: justshutup

y'all should check out today's posts about the coming 2015 release, you'll feel the frustration there as with most drafters/"designers".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost