Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unremovable Errors?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
CADragon
360 Views, 6 Replies

Unremovable Errors?

Our office runs a combination of AC 2011 and AC2013. Recently, the files someone created have some errors which I cannot detect or get rid of using RECOVER or AUDIT. Every time someone running 2013 opens one of these files, they get an error message saying there are "6 errors in the drawing, do you want to cancel this open?" Those running 2011 have no problems. This is a pain to hit "No" every time, and worse won't let me batch plot (Publish) without sitting there. When I delete everything in the drawing and purge, there are still 19 layers and a bunch of blocks that won't go away. Could that be an issue? I would appreciate any ideas, because as these files are "Saved As" to create more files, the problem keeps growing. Sample file is attached. Thanks for any suggestions! Tim
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: CADragon

WBLOCK to create a new file usually solves such errors.

If you want to post that 'empty' file here, someone can review it and let you know what else is going on.
Message 3 of 7
CADragon
in reply to: pendean

Here's the blank file. Edit: I'm not seeing any attachments, am I doing something wrong? I browse and click Add Attachment, and nothing happens.
Message 4 of 7
pendean

Nothing attached: ZIP the file and try again.
Message 5 of 7
CADragon

Zipped file attached.  Sorry for the confusion.

Message 6 of 7
pendean

No worries: your file contains AEC content from AutoCAD Architecture/MEP or similar, plus you are compounding the problem by saving down to a lower format.

-EXPORTTOAUTOCAD command and properly knocking the file down to eliminate those AEC objects seems to have also purged them here. See attached.

Message 7 of 7
CADragon

That looks like what I'm looking for. Thanks Dean!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost