AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Message 1 of 57 (10,976 Views)

Undo command doens't work in the right way (Group of commands)

10976 Views, 56 Replies
10-25-2012 04:05 AM

Hello,

I'm experiencing this problem:

when I use the undo command (U+spacebar OR ctrl+Z OR pressing the undo button) something strange happens.

I can see there are a lot of topics already opened for this problem but, as usual in formus, people give the more useless answers to the problem, asking the more useless questions and, at the end, no solution found yet.

The problem is very easy and it's disconnected to the settings of the UNDO command cause I tried all the possible combinations with the sub functions: AUTO/CONTROL/COMBINE/LAYERS. So please don't give me the answer I read everywhere about setting the sub-functions cause I already did it.

I'm not a beginner, I use AutoCAD since the release 12, then 14, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, and so on and this never happened before.

Here and expample (just an example)

I draw a simple line.

Close the command "line"

I  use the mouse wheel pressed to pan inside the drawing.

I use again the commad line and draw one more line.

Close the command line.

Now, if I use UNDO I'm expectiong that the second line disappears, then a zoom back to the first line, then the first line disappears.

But this doens't happen because actually the second line disappears immediately BUT before zooming back to the first line I  need to press UNDO many times then finally it zooms back and after one more UNDO it finally deletes the first line.

If I go chek what happens, I realize that in the history of commands, between the first LINE command and the second LINE command there are a lot of "GROUP OF COMMANDS" and this is the reason why I need to use UNDO many times, because it needs to undo all these "GROUP OF COMMANDS" commands.

I also realize that it happens all the time I use the mouse wheel to zoon in or out or to PAN so I guess the problem is connected to the mouse wheel.

Any solution?

Thanks a lot

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 57 (10,968 Views)

Re: Undo command doens't work in the right way (Group of commands)

10-25-2012 05:18 AM in reply to: Gran_Visir

OPTIONS command, User Pref Tab, which boxes if any do you have selected for Undo/Redo? Sounds like what you are describing. This behavior is not new, but it may be if you leapt from R2006.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Message 3 of 57 (10,961 Views)

10-25-2012 05:58 AM in reply to: pendean

Both are flagged :smileysad:

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 57 (10,957 Views)

10-25-2012 06:04 AM in reply to: Gran_Visir

Exactly: uncheck them for R14-R2000 like behavior (if I understand what you seek corectly).

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Message 5 of 57 (10,953 Views)

10-25-2012 06:29 AM in reply to: pendean

Already tried with and without check...nothing changes...

Message 6 of 57 (10,889 Views)

10-30-2012 01:15 PM in reply to: Gran_Visir

I am having the same problem. I upgrade for Civil3d 2011 to 2013 and now my undo file is full of "group of commands".  I get errors saying my undo file is full and undo will shutoff and to clear my undo file. I end up clearing it about every 30 mins or so. very annoying. I have toggled all of my undo command settings with no luck in fixing the problem.  Please let me know if you find a solution to this problem.

Thanks

Shawn

Distinguished Mentor
Message 7 of 57 (10,873 Views)

10-30-2012 05:38 PM in reply to: Gran_Visir

Autodesk support request reply:

Dear Andrew,

Many thanks for your support request.

Unfortunately the pan and zoom not combining into grouped undo operations is a known issue in the recent Civil 3D release.

The development team are aware of it and are working to find the best solution to address this in the future.

Our suggestion at the moment is to "undo" pan and zoom operations using the "Zoom" command with the "Previous" option which works quite well.

We are sorry for the inconvenience this causes in the meantime.

Please let me know if I may file the support request while we work to find a solution or if you have any additional questions.

Best regards,

Not a promissing response.

This has also been posted about in these threads

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/zoom-results-in-multiple-undo-commands/m-p/3510268

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Civil-3d-2013-Bugs-Glitches/td-p/3457124/

If this fixed your issue, click on "Accept as Solution"

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 2600 @ 3.40 GHz with 16GB Ram
Civil 3d 2013 64bit
Active Contributor
Message 8 of 57 (10,711 Views)

12-10-2012 11:45 AM in reply to: andrewpuller3811

as far as i can tell, the combine zoom/pan commands option in the undo section is still broken for acad2013, sp1.  gotta love it.

Contributor
clalimasp
Message 9 of 57 (10,655 Views)

12-18-2012 05:11 AM in reply to: Gran_Visir

Hi All,

I have a custmer (I work for an  Autodesk dealer) that has the same  problem with Civil 3d 2013 but using it as AutoCAD. He can undo some comands but at a certain point he can´t undo anything because AutoCAD goups the comaands and doesn´t undo not even a LINE. In release 2012 he didn´t have this problem. I´ll be waitinf for an answer too. Thanks

Claudia Lima

Autodesk Brasil User Community Coordinator  

Claudia Campos Lima
Comunidade de Usuários Autodesk Brasil - Coordenadora
Autodesk Community

Active Contributor
Message 10 of 57 (9,981 Views)

03-08-2013 11:42 AM in reply to: Gran_Visir

Dear AutoDesk,

Fix this already.  

-All your Customers

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube