Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with Adding jpegs in autocad 2014

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rcraggy
573 Views, 3 Replies

Trouble with Adding jpegs in autocad 2014

My instructor taught us to attach images with materials rendering tool to add jpegs to our 3d modelling.  Every time I try to use it, it stretches my image to nothing but horizontal lines and despite trying to modify it with the texture editor it eventually colllapses the autocad.  Here is my error number.  CER_83372936

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: rcraggy

Hi,

welcome @forums.autodesk.com !

>> Every time I try to use it, it stretches my image to nothing but horizontal lines

I can't reproduce the problem, so maybe it's an option of the JPG format that raises that exception. Have you tried to save the file e.g. as PNG and try it then?

I'm also not sure what exactly you are doing to crash the AutoCAD, so when exactly does it "stretch to nothing but ..." ==> the assigning of the texture or the settings of the texture scaling, ...., also important might be what type of material you are using (the material you started with to adjust it to your needs).

Maybe a screenshot (where you show the click that crashes AutoCAD) is a help to reproduce exactly the situation you have (plus an upload of your JPG).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
rcraggy
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Could it have something to do with the u and uv scale? I accidentally clicked on this and it showed squiggly horizontal line much like i’m getting on my images.

I’m trying to add an image as though it appears like a canvas print and this is what I keep getting although I keep scaling it I try larger smaller and nothing works.

the picture is attached that I keep trying to add to the canvas.

Sent from Windows Mail
Message 4 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: rcraggy

Hi,

>> Could it have something to do with the u and uv scale?

It could be possible ... as other reasons also. Try what I suggested above and let us know the results.

If you are not sure about any settings within your current drawing, so you fear that you have adjusted any values into the wrong direction and you just don't find them .. create a new drawing, create a box and a material for it.

- alfred -

PS: there was nothing attached, maybe because of filesize limited to 1.5MB here.

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost